The BMW 2-Series Get More Power and Nikola Makes the Dune Buggy of Your Dreams: The Evening Rush
Plus, the most durable weekend bag ever and solid beers from Brewmaster Jack.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
BMW has given the 2017 2-series coupes bigger badges and subsequently more horsepower. Both the 228i and the M235i will give way to the 230i and M240i. With this increase in in badge numbering, comes a slight increase in power for both models.
Finally, some details on the new quad-turbocharged inline-six diesel engine from BMW. Making its debut in the 7-Series, the new diesel engine will crank out 395hp and 560lb-ft of torque. As a result, owners of the 750d xDrive will be able to hit 60mph in just 4.7 seconds while still getting an impressive 40mpg.
Long-haul trucking can take a toll on drivers, especially when they make the mistake of skipping a few too many rest areas. With this in mind, a handful of former Google executives have founded Otto, a company that modifies tractor-trailers to drive autonomously on the highway. Although the company still has a way to go before production, it is very cool to see such advancements hitting commercial applications.
Have you ever woken up and said, “I want to purchase a vehicle where I cheat death every time I drive it.” If the answer is yes, you might want to look at the Nikola Zero, a 520hp buggy that hits 60mph in 3 seconds flat. If that wasn’t crazy enough for you, the vehicle is an open frame design. Still, we would take one in a second.
Simplicity is key when packing and that mentality should extend to the baggage as well. The Cargo Carryall by Tanner Goods is the military-inspired bag for your weeks trip up the New England coast. Made of durable 180z military-spec canvas, this bag will outlast you and age better than Jennifer Aniston.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Brewmaster Jack in Northampton, Massachusetts. Started by a lone man with a love for beer in 2011, Brewmaster Jack has slowly grown into a well-curated microbrewery. Although they are still finding their way, we definitely recommend you give them a chance.
As the weather gets warmer you are going to be more inclined to go offroading. Don’t let get cut short by getting stuck on the beach or in the mud, purchase a trustworthy towrope. Just do yourself a favor and make sure your friend pulling you out knows where to anchor the rope!
- RELATEDThose Old OV-10 Broncos Sent To Fight ISIS Were Laser Rocket-Slinging ManhuntersTheir mission was to find, fix, and finish the enemy—and they did just that.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Whole Car World Explained in a Single PollNothing says more about your place in the automotive world than how you answer this question.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: May 17, 2016FJ Cruiser death, new Kia spy shots, a BMW/Toyota collaboration, a weird longboard, and parkour skills.READ NOW
- RELATEDRacing to Monterey in BMW's Spectacular M1We uncork Bavaria's 35-year-old vintage whine.READ NOW
- RELATEDLondon’s 1Rebel Gym Puts a Bike Ride on a Bus RideWould you try a spin class on a London bus?READ NOW