The First Rolls-Royce Cullinans Have Been Delivered to the UK
The 0.1 percent's newest grocery getter is here with a $325,000 price tag to match its fanciful amenities.
Ultra-luxury automaker Rolls-Royce has delivered the first customer-bound Cullinans in the U.K., it announced Wednesday. Eight examples of the highfalutin SUV made their way from RR's headquarters in Goodwood to dealerships across the company's home nation, namely showrooms in Edinburgh, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Essex, London, and Sunningdale.
Starting at an eye-watering $325,000, Rolls-Royce's first SUV (or as the company's marketing department likes to call it, "high-riding vehicle") comes with a 6.8-liter, twin-turbo V-12, 563 horsepower, magic-carpet air suspension, and—in a Rolls-Royce first—all-wheel drive with multiple off-road settings. It competes with the Bentley Bentayga, Lamborghini Urus, Aston Martin's upcoming crossover which will reportedly be called the Varekai, and really well-equipped Range Rovers.
Whether you think the 6,069-pound Cullinan is exquisite or, erm, execrable, Rolls-Royce is unsurprisingly optimistic. "Response to our new Rolls-Royce Cullinan from the world’s leading opinion formers and global media has been unequivocally positive," said Regional Director Julian Jenkins. "I am delighted that, from today, prospective clients will have the opportunity to experience this remarkable motor car via their local Rolls Royce showroom."
When The Drive's own Eric Adams got his hands on one last month, it proved to be a "fine machine" but did little in the way of game-changing like its price tag might suggest. In any case, we're doubtful the Cullinan's target market will care as the opulent off-roader will likely be Rolls-Royce's best-selling vehicle to date if the more pedestrian levels of the marketplace are any indication.
- RELATED2019 Rolls-Royce Cullinan First Drive: Incongruous On the Trail, But Still Every Bit a RollsRolls-Royce's new behemoth SUV feels every bit like it belongs in the company's lineup—and off-road alongside Range Rovers.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Armored and Stretched Rolls-Royce Cullinan Limousine Costs a Cool $2 MillionGerman luxury tuner Klassen has created the European equivalent of President Trump's Cadillac 'Beast.'READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Rolls-Royce 'Spirit of Ecstasy' Fabergé Egg Proves It's Time for the Fire to RiseThe people must take back what belongs to them—including this jewel-encrusted, gold-and-crystal version of the Rolls-Royce logo.READ NOW
- RELATEDRolls-Royce Goes Off-Path With the New Cullinan, the World's Most Expensive SUVWhen a Range Rover just isn't enough, may we suggest the $325,000 Cullinan?READ NOW
- RELATEDTexas Dealer Becomes First to Accept Bitcoin for Rolls-Royce SalesGot a digital wallet bubbling with Bitcoin? A Texas dealer wouldn't mind trading you a Rolls-Royce for some of it.READ NOW