Someone Built a Jeep-Faced Chevrolet Corvette
It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.
Some things go together well. Pigs with mud, peanut butter with chocolate, and Plymouths with Hellcat engines are all examples of this. Two things that definitely don't belong together include Jeep Wranglers and Chevrolet Corvettes, but it seems somebody didn't get the memo, because that's exactly what one individual in Wisconsin has constructed.
A Milwaukee, Wisconsin Craigslist listing shows a 2002 (or 2003, the seller doesn't seem to know) Chevrolet Corvette of the C5 generation with its bodywork peeled away to mount the panels from a Jeep Wrangler.
Listed as a rolling chassis (which we doubt given the degree of tire rub on the fenders) with 36,000 miles on it, the seller says the project ran and was driven a month ago. However, the chassis currently has no engine which means they pulled out that pushrod V-8 some time within the last few weeks. Where'd it go? The owner's other Corvette of course, which they say they'll include for another $25,000.
It still has the transmission and driveline, as well as miscellaneous parts sitting in the bed and where the passenger seat used to be. They state a lack of time to finish the project, but given the lack of engine, obvious fender rub, and horrific proportions, we're chalking up to a lack of interest.
Their asking price of $4,500 may sound like a steal for a Corvette, but considering the lack of a roof, bodywork, engine, or even finished roll cage, it's hard to justify buying this monstrosity over traveling to Italy. It has been sitting untouched on Craigslist for three weeks, and we suspect it'll hang around for several more.
- RELATEDRaddest Collection of Attainable Dream Cars Pops up for Sale on CraigslistFrom BMW and Jaguar to Ford and McLaren, this collection screams enthusiast.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk New Dad Review: Family Hauler and Drag Strip Monster, All in OneJeep's 707-horsepower SUV merges Hellcat horsepower and parental practicality into one maniacal package.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Chevrolet Corvette ZR1's 755-HP V-8 Is Now a Crate Engine, and GM Dropped it in a ChevelleGentlemen, start your engine swaps.READ NOW
- RELATEDMopar Teases New Hellcat-Based Crate Engine Thought to Be Return of 426 Hemi 'Elephant'Mopar promises "something big" is on the way, and whatever it is, it's big enough to stomp out the Hellcat.READ NOW
- RELATEDMcLaren Developing Custom BC-03 Hypercar for a Special Client…Or FiveMcLaren Special Operations is up to something. That something might be a special-edition, 1,150-horsepower hypercar.READ NOW