Watch Two Grandmas Take a Tuned Lamborghini Murcielago For a Spin
Golden Girls? Try LamboGrannies.
The Internet is a dark and dangerous forest, but now and again the brambles fall away to reveal a sunny clearing. Today’s sunshine: two sweet grandmothers driving a highly-tuned Lamborghini Murcielago around California. While we might suggest Lamborgrannies, the women, Peggy and Audrey, chose something a bit more regal: “Lamborghini Queens.” Long may they reign.
Set to a relaxing bossa nova shuffle, the scene opens on two pastel-clad ladies circling what might be the world’s most ominous Lamborghini: huge black wheels, bolted-on fender extensions, a table of a rear wing, and more scoops than an old-timey newsroom. After raising the scissor doors and lowering themselves into the Merci, they set off. Peggy’s behind the wheel, and after a single false start—everyone has trouble finding “Reverse” on Lamborghini’s troublesome E-Gear—they gals are off! Instantly, that sparkling supercar magic pervades the cabin. Audrey lets out a stream of glorious cackles, waving to the less fortunate through the car’s slitted windows; Peggy, full of the swagger of a true Lamborghini owner, comments how “dorky” one woman looks on her bike, with her helmet fitted over a ballcap. The suggested cure? “She should be having herself a Lamborghini!”
Indeed, Peggy. Shouldn’t we all.
- RELATEDApropos of Nothing, Here’s a Lamborghini Diablo GT Shooting FlamesNo context. But, hey, V-12 and fire!READ NOW
- RELATEDStar Wars to Scale: Koro-2 Airspeeder vs. Lamborghini CountachUltramagnetic speedster squares off against hairy-chested V-12 icon.READ NOW
- RELATEDAlong Came Two Spiders: Topless Ferrari 488 and Lamborghini Huracán Arrive at Frankfurt Motor ShowTwo of our favorite supercars, now with less roof.READ NOW
- RELATEDCalling Mom From a Lamborghini Aventador SVIf you're in a half-million-dollar Lamborghini, call your mother.READ NOW
- RELATEDCrash Diary: 2004 Lamborghini MurcielagoCan friendship survive busting another man’s supercar?READ NOW