Porsche-Loving Couple Ties the Knot and Says 'I Do' While Speeding Around a Track
Even the wedding guests were treated to high-speed rides at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta.
The Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta, Georgia hosted its first-ever wedding ceremony for a couple of Porsche aficionados last week. However, this neat story isn't so much about where the wedding happened, but how, because believe it or not, the bride and groom said their vows in the back of a Porsche Cayenne while traveling at 70 miles per hour around the 1.6-mile driver development circuit.
Following the excitement on the track, a more "regular" ceremony and celebrations were held with kit and kin at the atrium of the Porsche Experience Center, which opened its doors in 2015 and is located next to Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. According to the Atlanta Business Journal, a lovely array of classic, current, and race-bred Porsche cars in addition to several guests played the role of witnesses. Oh, and the guests also joined in on the fun, as they jumped into several of the brand's sports cars for high-speed ride-alongs on the track.
“The entire day exceeded anything that I could have dreamed of,” said newlywed Samantha Evans. “It was perfect for us. It fit us and who we are and how much we love Porsche.”
“Everybody had a blast," said groom John Evans. "They were just blown away. I’ve been to dozens of weddings and they’re all pretty much the same. With this one, it was definitely different from the norm in a great way. If you’re a car enthusiast, you’re going to love it. Even if you weren’t a car enthusiast, how could you not love this?”
Both the Atlanta and Los Angeles Porsche Experience Centers were inaugurated in 2015, and have since become hot venues for TV shows, movies, corporate outings, birthday parties, and even marriage proposals.
"Beyond offering thrilling driving experiences for the public, our unique facilities have established themselves as highly sought-after venues for corporate events, galas, fundraisers, and numerous other special occasions,” said Klaus Zellmer, President and CEO of Porsche Cars North America. “Weddings are a natural fit for our Porsche Experience Centres and Samantha and John's wedding is the first but hopefully won't be the last.”
- RELATEDIndian Couple Receives Gallon of Gasoline as a Wedding GiftThe rising price of fuel has made it a giftable commodity in the populous nation.READ NOW
- RELATEDReport: Jaguar Considering Going All-Electric Within a Decade to Fight Tesla and PorscheShouty gas-burning Jags could soon be a thing of the past.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche Cars Will Always Have Steering Wheels and Pedals, Says Porsche CEOPorsche Cars North America CEO Klaus Zellmer made a claim that just 10 years ago would've sounded deranged.READ NOW
- RELATEDA 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS Tears up an Old Rock QuarryThis stunt is a tribute to the YouTube videos from TaxtheRich100.READ NOW
- RELATEDOne-Off MINI Designed as a Toast to the Upcoming Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan MarkleStyle elements inspired by both the Union Jack and Stars and Stripes flags, and 3-D printed parts make this a unique car for the unique nuptials.READ NOW