2018 Chevy Tahoe RST marks 11 Millionth GM Vehicle to Be Built At Arlington Assembly Plant
The plant has been open since 1954.
It is no secret that General Motors has produced an insane amount of vehicles since its founding in 1908. Between being part of the big three, having a massive fleet division and constantly finding themselves at the top of numerous vehicle segments, we aren't surprised to hear they produce millions of vehicles a year. That being said, 11,000,000 vehicles from one plant is extremely impressive.
Nearly one in two full-size utility vehicles sold in the US come out of a Chevy plant and the vast majority of them come from the Arlington Assembly Plant specifically. The lucky vehicle to hold the 11,000,000 title is a white 2018 Chevy Tahoe RST. This performance version of the Tahoe packs 420-horsepower from a 6.2-liter V-8, as well as the increasingly popular 10-speed automatic transmission, Brembo brakes, a Borla exhaust and 22 inch wheels. In addition, the Tahoe RST has a body color-matching grill, black decals and a sub-six second 0-60 mph time.
Although the Tahoe may not match certain luxury standards found in the Land Rover Range Rover, this full-sized SUV has trims all the way from pursuit-rated to Premier. Congratulations to GM and all the hard-working men and women at the Arlington Assembly Plant for hitting such a milestone.
- RELATEDUp Where We Belong: The 2018 Chevy Tahoe Custom Conquers the High Desert of NevadaTackling the Mojave Desert in Chevy's back-to-basics budget Tahoe.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Chevrolet Tahoe Destroy a Camaro With a Nine Second Quarter-Mile RunSomeone tell Dom we've found him a ten-second SUV.READ NOW
- RELATEDVolvo Debuts XC40 Compact SUV at LA Auto ShowThe XC40 is the first vehicle on Volvo's Compact Modular Architecture.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Chevrolet Suburban LT Review: The Original Canyonero Is a Little Long In the ToothGiants still roam the Earth in 2017...but for how much longer?READ NOW
- RELATEDCountry Singer Luke Bryan and Chevy Come Together To Make Ultimate SuburbanThe SEMA build is all about "huntin', fishin', and lovin' every day."READ NOW