Watch These Thieves Destroy a Grocery Store With a Dodge Ram During an ATM Heist
Finally, the Ram gets to live up to its name.
Authorities in Alabama are searching for two suspects who were caught on camera using a 1999 Dodge Ram to destroy the front entrance of a grocery store in a successful quest to steal an entire ATM, according to the Opelika-Auburn News.
Police in Valley, Alabama responded to a security alarm at Givorn Foods early Tuesday morning and discovered the store's main entryway had been completely destroyed, with the doors obliterated and the floor covered in a mix of shattered glass, potato chips, and soda. It would be understandable if the officers wondered about the possibility of a small, indoor tornado given the extent of the damage, but a quick check of the security camera—plus all the tire marks on the ground—revealed one of the more brazen heists this side of Logan Lucky.
In the footage, two men are seen arriving in a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 that was previously reported stolen in Georgia. They immediately reverse through one set of sliding doors, but the driver gets stuck as he attempts to make a sharp turn to get further into the store—and presumably, closer to the heavy ATM. After a futile minute, the wheelman pulls the truck around to the other set of doors and rams through head-on, taking out the doors, a good chunk of the brick wall, and the big display of chips and soda. He keeps his foot on the gas, and a second later the entire truck is inside the store.
Wheels spinning on the Coke-slicked floor, the pickup looks like a bull in a china shop as the driver tries to corral it and line up with the exit. Near the end of the tape, his accomplice is briefly seen pushing the ATM into view before they load it up and take off into the night. According to the timestamps, the whole heist took about three minutes to pull off.
Valley Police released an image of one of the suspects, and are asking for the public's help in tracking down the Dodge Ram, which has a Georgia license plate (AZI2117), plus copious front, side, and rear damage from finally living up to its name.
- RELATEDWatch These Subtle Thieves Use a Telehandler as a Battering Ram to Steal an Entire ATMAnd destroy the side of the building while they're at it.READ NOW
- RELATEDBank Robbers Use Blacked-Out Mercedes-AMG, Donald Trump Masks in ATM Heist SpreeThe brothers repainted the car to throw off cops and managed to score over $100,000 before getting nabbed.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Thieves Use a Toyota Tundra as a Battering Ram in a Gun Store RobberyThe thieves stole tons of guns and ammo before burning the getaway truck.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhen a Ram Truck Becomes a Battering RamA cautionary tale involving V-10s, barbed wire and toothpicks.READ NOW
- RELATEDHalf-Naked Man Crashes Dodge Challenger Into Store Because He 'Needed Beer'Robert Mason wasn't wearing pants when he allegedly sped his car into the store at 40 miles per hour.READ NOW