Audi Outclasses Field with IIHS Top Safety Picks
Audi of America earned more 2017 IIHS Top Safety Picks than any other luxury manufacturer in its class.
Audi makes luxurious cars that can flat out haul. The German auto manufacturer is steeped in tradition and is as comfortable on the road as it is the racetrack. When I think of Audi, I think of Iron Man’s R8, not safety awards. That’s the sort of thing reserved for Volvos, right?
I was shocked to hear the Audi of America earned more 2017 IIHS Top Safety Picks than any other luxury manufacturer in its class. Eight Audi models have been named the award winners including the A4 allroad, A5 Sportback, A5 Coupe, Q5, A4, A7, A3 and A6.
Two models received the Top Safety Pick+ award, which has all the requirements of the Top Safety Pick plus a high rating for headlight visibility and illumination. Those two included the A4 in the Prestige trim and the A3 with the available LED lighting package.
President of Audi of America Scott Keogh commented on the accomplishment, stating, “Audi of America is proud to lead the segment, earning more IIHS Top Safety Picks this year than any other luxury manufacturer. This recognition highlights the brand’s commitment to providing the highest levels of standard and available driver-assistance systems in our vehicles, from SUVs to entry-level sedans.”
As car manufacturers continue to integrate driver-assist technology in their vehicles the bar is being raised higher and higher on safety. Good to hear that a company which makes good looking cars can offer up safety as well.
- RELATEDThe 600-Horsepower Audi TT Clubsport Turbo Concept visits the Hoonigan GarageJust listen to that electrically-assisted, twin-turbo 5-cylinder sing.READ NOW
- RELATEDAlfa Romeo Giulia Earns Top Safety Pick RatingBut can it stay running long enough to put its safety features to use?READ NOW
- RELATED3 Large Sedans Earn IIHS Top Safety Pick+ RatingThe Lincoln Continental, Mercedes E-Class, and Toyota Avalon aced the tests. Three others did not.READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla Model S Misses Out on IIHS Top Safety PickI guess you can't have it all.READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla Model S, BMW i3 Fall Short of IIHS "Top Safety Pick" RatingThe seat belts and headlights need a little improvement on the two electric cars.READ NOW