Chevy Silverado Pickup Cab Separates From Frame in Bizarre 'Rollover' Crash
When body mounts go bad.
Police responding to a vehicle rollover call in southern New Hampshire yesterday were understandably surprised when they arrived on scene and discovered this bizarre sight: a 2002 Chevrolet Silverado pickup with its cab flipped forward onto its roof while the bed, frame, and all four wheels remained firmly attached to the ground.
According to the New Hampshire Union-Leader, 21-year-old Danielle Taylor was driving her truck when she felt the steering wheel "start to shake" moments before losing control and crashing near Pelham, NH. The force of the impact apparently tore the truck's body from its mounts, sending the entire cab, hood, fenders, and front clip flipping over the front bumper, kind of like the world's least graceful gymnast on the uneven parallel bars.
Thankfully, Taylor was reportedly able to crawl out of the smashed cab and escaped with only minor injuries. And as much as this weird accident seems like perfect fodder for the never-ending Ford-Chevy pickup war, there are two likely culprits here. The first is rust, which anyone who's driven in New Hampshire will tell you is simply the status quo up there. The second possibility is a shoddy body lift, as the space between the rear wheel and fender arch is artificially big. Or, like many things in life, it was a combination of the two.
- RELATEDTerrifying BMW E30 Crash Shows What Happens When You Lose Your Brakes At 100+ MPHThe owner and the driving instructor somehow walked away from this crumpled mess.READ NOW
- RELATEDCamera Catches Horrific Barrel-Rolling Crash as Car Exits TunnelThe car looked like it was blasting out of a shotgun barrel.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Review: Finally, a Right-Sized Off-Road Pickup Truck WarriorThe Goldlocks of off-roaders, the Chevy Colorado ZR2 is "just right."READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Hilarious Clip of a Chevy Silverado Hitting 500,000 MilesNothing adds a little excitement to an odometer milestone like dramatic narration.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 High Country Is a Gateway-Drug PickupIt's the perfect stepping stone for someone looking to move from an SUV to a big rig.READ NOW