The Brabus Rocket 900 is the World's Fastest 4-Seater Cabriolet
This insane Cabriolet has 1,106 lb-ft of torque.
Brabus is in the business of taking luxury vehicles and turning them into high-horsepower monsters. Instead of messing with a good thing, Brabus has continued that trend with the Mercedes-AMG S65 Cabriolet. Initially, the 6.0-liter twin-turbocharged V-12 made 621 horsepower, plenty for anyone looking to rocket to the country club, but Brabus wanted more.
In order to harness the extra power, Brabusbored out the V-12 to make it a 6.3-liter, added larger turbocharges as well as a custom exhaust system and found themselves pumping out 887 horsepower and 1,106 lb-ft of torque. Yes, that is a four-digit torque reading on a cabriolet. On top of performance upgrades, the Brabus Rocket 900 gets a custom interior with steel accents, 21-inch wheels, a 0.6-inch lowering kit, and additional aerodynamics. When all is said and done, the Rocket 900 hits 60 mph in 3.9 seconds (thought it would be faster) and tops out at 217 mph. Still, these numbers grant the Rocket 900 with the title of fastest four-seater cabriolet in the world.
Brabus plans to debut the Brabus Rocket 900 at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show. Pricing is still unknown.
- RELATEDBrabus Tastefully Tunes Mercedes-Benz E-ClassNo over the top build like you are used to seeing with Brabus.READ NOW
- RELATEDBrabus G500 4×4² Flips After Getting T-Boned by a Toyota PriusTwo extremes of the automotive world collide with surprising results.READ NOW
- RELATEDCan Someone Explain the Point of This Brabus-Tuned Smart Car?Based off the Smart Fortwo, this compact car may be the most confusing vehicle on the tuner market.READ NOW
- RELATEDIs This Golden 900-HP Brabus-Tuned Mercedes S-Class Great, or Garbage?We genuinely can't make up our minds as to whether we like this or not.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Brabus-STARTECH Bentley Bentayga Is Downright SexyThe aftermarket group turns out a comely vision that fixes the ute's weird butt.READ NOW