Aston Martin Hires Ex-Ferrari Powertrain Engineer to Continue Electric Development
Joerg Ross has worked for Ferrari, Maserati, Ford, and more while honing his powertrain skills.
Earlier this year Aston Martin confirmed they would be making a push towards hybrid and full electric powertrains. With this in mind, they recently hired Joerg Ross, former boss of advanced powertrains at Maserati as well as former boss at Ferrari. Ross has been hired to lead Aston Martin's engines, gearboxes, and electrification.
Aston Martin hopes this Ross will be able to catapult the brand into a new and exciting point in the brand's history. According the Aston Martin, Ross is the new lead for the RapidE's powertrain which is expected to hit production in two year's time. The RapidE will making 1,000 horsepower and will be powered by four electric motors (one for each wheel).
Autocar is reporting that chief technical officer Max Szwaj said, “We are delighted to welcome Joerg to the Aston Martin team. His considerable experience and knowledge will prove invaluable for the engineering team as we prepare the business for the next generation of Aston Martin products." Such a large financial move further proves electrification and hybrid powertrains will move far beyond just the RapidE.
- RELATEDAston Martin Changing Electric Rapide Plans After LeEco Bows OutBut the car might wind up being even better as a result.READ NOW
- RELATEDShocker! Aston Martin Unveils 1,000-hp Electric Rapide EThe luxury marque adds some serious crackle to its lineup.READ NOW
- RELATEDAston Martin Rapide S Drills New Wells of SexyThe four-door GT, already reeking of Beau Brummell’s cologne tray, gets even dandier for 2016.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Aston Martin Vantage AMR Pro Is King of BackfiresIt sounds like a World War fought with popcorn machines.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch and Listen to an Aston Martin Vulcan Get Thrashed at AngleseyYup, it sounds good.READ NOW