Radio Flyer Making Kid-Sized, Driveable Version of Star Wars Landspeeder
"These aren't the kids you're looking for."
Just like those grocery carts with the plastic car affixed to the front, here's another thing that's making us wish we were still five years old today. Radio Flyer, maker of the classic red Calvin and Hobbes wagon, just unveiled a pint-sized, driveable version of Luke Skywalker's iconic X-34 Landspeeder from Star Wars. Kids these days don't know how good they have it, honestly.
Featuring two forward speeds (2 and 5 mph), a reverse gear, an "interactive" light-up dashboard, seating for two, and sound effects from the actual movie, the Landspeeder is only missing one thing: the ability to hover.
Sadly, because this isn't a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, this miniature version is stuck on four wheels, though the company did a pretty good job blacking out everything underneath the body for a decent anti-gravity illusion. And all the details are there, right down to the missing cowling on the left-side engine. The whole package is powered by a rechargeable 12-volt battery.
All this intergalactic fun doesn't come cheap, though. The Radio Flyer Landspeeder will retail for $500 exclusively at Toys 'R' Us beginning on September 5, so make sure your kid doesn't try and pawn it off for a measly 2,000 credits.
Of course, with a "4+" age suggestion and a payload of 130 pounds, there are likely a few petite adults out there who can (and will) squeeze in for a quick run to Mos Eisley.
- RELATEDCheck Out This Real-Life Star Wars Speeder BikeBlaster sound effects included.READ NOW
- RELATEDHigh-Performance Drones Sound Like the Future That Star Wars Promised UsThe future sounds f#&%ing amazing.READ NOW
- RELATEDF-35 Caught Blasting Through California’s ‘Star Wars Canyon’“It'll be just like Beggar's Canyon back home!”READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Star Wars: Rogue One Teaser Trailer Vehicles, RankedOld favorites and new ships mix it up in the preview for the latest Star Wars flick.READ NOW
- RELATEDStar Wars Characters Would Drive the Stink Out of These Six CarsChewie, your G63 AMG 6x6 awaits on Tatooine.READ NOW