A Redesigned Audi Q3 Could Come in Mid-2018, Report Says
The spunky little crossover may also be slated for an RS version.
Rumors from Auto Motor und Sport indicate that Audi will be releasing a redesigned Q3 crossover halfway through 2018. The new Q3 will allegedly be 2.3 inches longer and could possibly use the MQB platform utilized by the A3 and TT.
The slightly larger Q3 will most likely have an improved trunk space over the current 16.71 cubic feet. Auto Motor und Sport also hinted that an SQ3 and RSQ3 are in the works with the latter allegedly making upwards of 400 horsepower. Audi made is very clear they intend to expand the RS line in the U.S., so let's cross our fingers for that one.
The most likely base engine configuration will be the popular 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder making 200 horsepower. We could then see a drastic bump in horsepower as we venture deeper into the performance line if Audi decides to bring 340 horsepower 2.5-liter five-cylinder over to the states.
- RELATEDAudi Q3 Quick ReviewCritic’s Notebook takeaway: Soldiering on, but ready to be put out to pasture.READ NOW
- RELATEDAudi Q3 Mobility Concept is the CUV for Millennial Skater PunksThink of it as an escape hatch for multimodal transportation.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Kia Sportage Spanks the Audi Q3Though its driver also signs up for some abuse.READ NOW
- RELATEDPrincess Diana’s Audi Is Going to Auction at Churchill’s BirthplaceThis might be the most British auction ever.READ NOW
- RELATEDAll-New Audi S8 to Use Porsche Panamera V-8, Report SaysThis could mean Audi is slated to get a 650+ horsepower sedan.READ NOW