Florida Teen Allegedly Steals Porsche and $200,000, Buys Mom a Hellcat
Talk about a considerate son.
What a nice boy. After stealing a Porsche Cayman and more than $200,000 in cash from a Florida man with his friends, a Fort Lauderdale teen used the money to buy his mother a Dodge Challenger Hellcat, he told police.
15-year-old Jeremiah Laplace and five other teenagers snuck into a house in a well-to-do part of North Hutchinson Island near Vero Beach before dawn on April 27th, the St. Lucie County Sheriff’s Office said according to the Miami Herald, driving up in a stolen Hyundai Santa Fe and knocking on doors until they found an empty house. Once inside, the teens made off with a safe filled with cash, multiple firearms, and the white 2014 Porsche Cayman found at the home, police said.
In the following days, Laplace used the money to buy a Hellcat for his mother, as well as give her $40,000 in cash, he told authorities. But the teenager also treated himself to a Mercedes-Benz C300, a gold bracelet, a gold chain, and a set of permanent gold teeth, Laplace told the cops.
The Porsche was found in Delray Beach a few days after the robbery with the keys inside, according to the Herald.
Five of the six teens involved confessed their involvement in the robbery after being picked up by authorities in connection with other crimes, the Herald reported. Police said the group had committed similar crimes in Boca Raton, Delray Beach, and Fort Lauderdale.
- RELATEDTeens Allegedly Steal LAPD Police Cars for Entire Day, Then Crash During ChasePolice are still determining what the teens did throughout the course of the day.READ NOW
- RELATEDFlorida SWAT Team Finds Drugs, Golf Cart 'Chop Shop' In Retirement Community RaidWho says senior citizens don't know how to have a good time?READ NOW
- RELATEDMan Arrested After Allegedly Stealing Ferrari 488 GTB, Pouring Gas on ItTo be fair, those Ferrari gas caps can be tricky.READ NOW
- RELATEDFlorida Woman Lets 12-Year-Old Drive and You'll Never Guess What HappenedPreteens and driving just don't mix.READ NOW
- RELATEDThieves Steal Hearse, Leave Body on Side of RoadAfter not being able to find a ride home, the Texan stole the hearse and its occupant was left in a ditch.READ NOW