Get a Load of This 1968 Dodge Charger With a BMW M5 V-8 Under the Hood
It is not every day you see an engine swap involving a European V-8 and American muscle.
Engine swaps are very popular in the car community and certain practices are viewed as normal. A small block V-8 into a Jeep, an LS into a European sports car, the list goes on. However, sometimes people apparently break away from the norm and swap a BMW V-8 into an American muscle car.
This may seem like a very bizarre engine swap but apparently it work for French drifter Alexandre Claudin. Claudin took a 5.0-liter V-8 from an E39 M5 and dropped it into a 1968 Dodge Charger. Claudin then modified the engine and headers to shoot flames out the hood and terrify everyone in sight. In order to further "improve" the old muscle car, Claudin and his team opted to use the suspension, rear end and axles from a Porsche Cayenne Turbo, according to Engine Swap Depot.
A bizarre setup like this makes us wonder what the perfect Frankenstein car would be. To be honest, we never pictured a Cayenne rear end on a 1968 Charger, but hey, there is a first for everything.
What would be your perfect build and why?
- RELATEDThe Story of a Florida Man's 180-MPH Dodge Charger Hellcat Test Drive Is BogusDon't fall for it.READ NOW
- RELATED1968 Charger / 1969 DaytonaTwo cars based off the same platform with very different personalities.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Next BMW M5 Will Also Have Drift Mode, Report ClaimsAnything AMG can do, M can do better.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Muscle Cars of the 2017 New York Auto ShowNew Mustangs, custom Camaros, wheelie-popping Dodges—NYIAS has 'em all.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This 820-HP BMW M2 Drift Like MadAnd yes, it has an LS.READ NOW