2018 Jeep Wrangler Interior Spy Shots Show Serious Redesign
Long gone are the days where you could mop out your Jeep.
The all-new Jeep Wrangler is quickly approaching production, and should receive an unveiling in the next few months. With that in mind, spy photographers have been snapping shots of the truck from a distance like crazy, but few have been able to truly get a solid interior shot...until now.
Spy photographers for Autoblog and JL Wrangler Forums were able to snap a few shots of the new Wrangler's interior (the latter was kind enough to share its picture with us), and although they are not very revealing when it comes to the vehicle's performance, they do reveal many of the changes for the new generation. The new interior cluster is drastically different from the outgoing one. The all-new Wrangler has the UConnect 8.1 inch screen found in most FCA products, as well as four auxiliary buttons for what we only can assume will be owner-purchased lightbars and winches.
The dash and vents are very similar to the one's found in the Jeep Renegade, which is to be expected, since it is the second newest vehicle to the Jeep lineup and closest in line to the Wrangler as far as off-road inspiration is concerned.
We also get a quick look at the roof area where we can clearly see there is a spot to remove the roof. Unfortunately, we do not know how the roof with come off (i.e. whether it will be powered or not), but we do know the Wrangler will still have a detachable roof and doors. Either way, we at The Drive can't wait to pop the top on the new 2018 Jeep Wrangler...whenever it arrives.
- RELATEDJeep Wrangler Tries, Fails to Block In Badly Parked Nissan 300ZXWhen parking lot dickery backfires.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Jeep Wrangler May Offer a Power Retractable HardtopSpy shots indicate switches on the roof, possibly for a Jeep Renegade-like MySky system.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Hellcat Rhino XT Is a 707-HP Wrangler on SteroidsFresh off a star turn in The Fate of the Furious, custom builder USSV upgrades its newest creation.READ NOW
- RELATEDNew 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Images LeakedFull images of the hotly-anticipated off-roader landed on a Jeep forum Wednesday morning.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Dirt Bike Land On the Hood Of a Jeep WranglerThe Wrangler cuts in front of the rider just as he get airborne off a massive dune—and a nail-biter ensues.READ NOW