Watch This Glorious Video of the 1994 New York International Auto Show
#FlashbackFriday, New York Auto Show style.
The Drive wants everyone to take a moment, step back, and get over themselves. We all might thing we are to the pinnacle of technological advancement in the automotive industry, but 20 years from now, we will look back and laugh at the footage captured from the 2017 New York International Auto Show.
How do we know? Well, the video below captured the 1994 New York International Auto Show, and it is nothing short of glorious in how dated and ridiculous everything seems two decades later. From the Chevy Blazer to the Volkswagen Beetle concept, there are terrible (or great) lines everywhere the camera falls. Towards the end of the video, we are graced with the sight of the Jurassic Park Ford Explorer...and boy is it a doozy. Then attendees are given a look at stacked Dodges and completely random champagne glass periods (always keeping it classy, New York Auto Show).
Before we lose your attention, make sure to watch the video long enough to see salsa-dancing “product specialists” and a host wearing outfit that looks like nothing so much as a purple parachute.
- RELATEDFCA Released Recap Video of Its 2017 New York Auto Show DebutsBetween the Dodge Demon and the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, it's clear FCA didn't come to make friends.READ NOW
- RELATEDFCA Packed the New York Auto Show to the Gills With HorsepowerBetween the Dodge Challenger Demon and Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, FCA wasn't messing around.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Most Important Cars and SUVs at the New York Auto ShowSUV-obsessed Americans may profess allegiance the Dodge Demon, but their guilty pleasure is actually the Nissan Rogue.READ NOW
- RELATEDBack In 1991, Porsche's 944 S2 Cabriolet Was KingIf you wanted to be the coolest guy on your block in the early 1990s, you drove a 3-liter twin-cam transaxle Porsche with a drop top.READ NOW
- RELATED1996 Ford Aerostar 4WD – The Drive's Curbside ClassicImagine a
beautifulplace where the local government is so tight with their money, they daily drive 20 year old vehicles.READ NOW