Here's The SRT Dodge Demon 'Mini Demon Crate'
No performance upgrades here, but this nifty box holds all the performance figures for the Demon.
Last night, after a dazzling display of pyrotechnics, burning rubber, and a DJ set by Wiz Khalifa at the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon reveal, Dodge gifted the folks who attended the event with what can only be described as a mini Demon Crate. Although it doesn't contain any performance parts like the real Demon Crate, it is packed full of a series of cards that detail the insane performance statistics of the Demon, including its quarter-mile time, trap speed, wheelie distance—which is a Guinness Record-holding 2.92 feet—and a handful of superlatives. (World's fastest 0-60 production vehicle, world's fastest quarter-mile production car ever, etc.)
The box itself, though, is quite cool. The outer side of its lid features the same demon figurine that's embossed on top of the 2.7-liter supercharger on the actual car, and the inner reveals a plaque that resembles a car's build plaque that usually has the car's VIN and other information imprinted on it. Inside, its felt lining secures the aforementioned cards, which includes a copy of the time slip that from the Gainesville Raceway where the Demon set its quick times.
Yes, it's all very geeky, and yes, the marketing for the Demon is a tad on the nose, but this mini Demon Crate is a smart exercise in branding.
- RELATEDThe Dodge Challenger Demon Is an 840-HP Street-Legal Drag CarDodge claims it has the most powerful V-8 engine ever fitted to a production car.READ NOW
- RELATEDDodge Challenger Demon Gets One Last Teaser Video Before It ArrivesThe car makes its debut next Tuesday, ahead of the New York Auto Show.READ NOW
- RELATEDDodge Demon Will Have Factory Tune For Race GasIt's a factory first, Dodge claims.READ NOW
- RELATEDDodge Challenger SRT Demon Uses the A/C to Cool the EngineHope you're not afraid to get a little sweaty in the name of drag racing.READ NOW
- RELATEDDodge Challenger Demon May Only Get an Automatic TransmissionThe good news: It's factory transbrake equipped.READ NOW