Lincoln Teases Next Generation Navigator Ahead of New York Auto Show
The bold concept debuted at last year's New York event; now, the production version.
Last year, Lincoln wowed us with the new Navigator concept. It came in with guns blazing, showing off gullwing-style doors and futuristic exterior details, making us hope that the production version would be even half as wild. Crazy interior bits like teak-wood staircase showed just how outlandish it was, promising a show-stopper once it was released to the public. Now they've teased the car's release prior to the 2017 New York Auto Show, and it shares a striking resemblance with that of the prototype.
As for the car's design, it seems to be toned down from the concept while keeping a similar styling language. The front fascia shown in the teaser seems to stay on the same path, giving the Navigator a handsome face to match its top-tier cabin. We're yet to see any glimpses of the production-spec interior, though we believe it to be a stellar bit of kit in order to compete with the Cadillac Escalade.
The 2018 Navigator will feature a tweaked version of the 3.5L Ecoboost found in last year's model, bumping horsepower from 380 to 400. Torque figures are also high as the engine proves its capabilities in applications like the Ford F-150, making 475 lb. ft. in truck guise. It will be paired to a new 10-speed automatic that was co-developed with GM, allowing for improved fuel economy and towing performance—though we doubt that's what most Lincoln owners care about.
Expect to see the ute on full display at NYIAS this week, debuting all of its details and specifics.
- RELATED2004 Lincoln Town Car – The Drive's Daily Mileage ChampionHow often do you find a high mileage Town Car that wasn't used as a taxi or an airport limo? Here's one with a beautiful back seat.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche Says Nothing New Coming to New York Auto ShowThe GT3, Panamera Sport Turismo, Turbo S E-Hybrid, and 911 GTS models will make a North American debut. Yawn. When will we see that secret project unveiled?READ NOW
- RELATEDRam Shows Off Two Colorful Pickup Trucks Ahead of New York Auto ShowThe Ram 1500 Rebel Blue Streak and Ram 1500 Sublime Sport are far from discrete.READ NOW
- RELATEDNissan Builds Tracked 2017 Rogue Concept for New York Auto ShowThe off-road-ready SUV is called the Nissan Rogue Trail Warrior Project.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Subaru Outback to Debut at New York Auto ShowThe model has been redesigned along with the rest of the brand's utility lineup.READ NOW