First Chevy Colorado ZR2s Roll Off Assembly Line Ready to Off-Road
One of the first 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 will go to Chad Hall Racing.
The day has finally come. 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2s are rolling off the assembly line at Wentzville Assembly Center. These highly anticipated midsize pickup packs quite the punch and people have already taken notice. Keeping the general size of the standard 2017 Colorado, the ZR2 is a beefed up offroad version with plenty of Chevrolet Performance Parts goodies for this pickup to tackle any terrain.
Powered by a 308-horsepower 3.6-liter V-6 paired to an eight-speed transmission, the Colorado has enough power to confidently barrel dunes at high speeds. In order to ensure a stable ride, Chevy has widened the track by 3.5 inches in the front and rear as well as given the midsize truck a two-inch lift. Both modifications allow for a drastically improved amount of suspension travel as well as stability over uneven terrain.
One of the first 2017 Chevrolet Colorado will be used by Chad Hall of Hall Racing. Hall stated the versatility of the offroad-ready ZR2 was perfect for competition and he will be racing the vehicle in the Best in the Desert race series in August. Chevy has noted the race is a great opportunity for the brand to test out Chevrolet Performance Parts for currently and future Colorado owners.
The Colorado ZR2 is officially on sale at dealerships and pricing starts at $40,995 and is definitely a force to be reckoned with. Stay tuned to The Drive's social media pages as well will be testing the Colorado ZR2's offroad capabilities.
- RELATED2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Starts at $40,995The ZR2 trim turns Chevy's mid-sized Colorado pickup truck into a solid off-roader—one that costs far less than bigger bad-boy rigs.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the Chevy Colorado ZR2 Do The Desert SlideThis chipper off-road specialist looks great doing it.READ NOW
- RELATEDChevy Debuts the ZR2 at the L.A. Auto Show and BMW Releases Pricing on the M760i: The Evening RushPlus, keep your stinky shoes hidden with the Portland Sneaker Duffel.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire For November 16th, 2016: GM Finally Reveals the Chevy Colorado ZR2It's as if Chevy knows what we have been dreaming about.READ NOW
- RELATEDChevrolet Reveals Off-Road-Happy Colorado ZR2 in Gasoline, Diesel VersionsThink of it as a baby F-150 Raptor…made by the other guys.READ NOW