Dodge Challenger Demon Will Cost Less Than $100,000, FCA Exec Says
Remember: The Demon runs a faster quarter mile than the $1.4-million Ferrari LaFerrari.
Ever since the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon debuted last week at the 2017 New York International Auto Show, the big question has been, “How much is this puppy going to cost?” The question seems pretty reasonable, since the Dodge Challenger Hellcat is an absolute monster that beats some supercars for just $64,195. Now that Dodge has come out with an 840-horsepower muscle car that hits 60 mph in just 2.3 seconds, you can’t help but wonder how much you'll have to spend to take one home.
Road & Track spoke with Dodge boss Tim Kuniskis at the auto show regarding pricing, and although he didn’t say a lot, Kuniskis did make one important comment. “Obviously [the price] will be more than a regular Hellcat," he told R&T, "but it's gonna be well below six figures.”
Which is definitely nice to hear straight from the source. That said, given the outlandish abilities Dodge quotes for the Demon, we at The Drive would be shocked to see this muscle car less for less than $84,999—and that's before the inevitable dealer markups.
Still, owning a production car from a Detroit automaker that can zip through the quarter mile in just 9.65 seconds sounds like a pretty glorious idea.
The Drive will keep you posted on any further developments regarding the Dodge Challenger Demon's price.
- RELATED2017 Jeep Compass Fails Its Own NY Auto Show DemonstrationWhen off-road demos don't go quite as planned.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Dodge Demon is Actually Banned by the NHRA Because of SafetyIt's cool to talk about, but what about the people who want to take the car to the track?READ NOW
- RELATEDHere's The SRT Dodge Demon 'Mini Demon Crate'No performance upgrades here, but this nifty box holds all the performance figures for the Demon.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Dodge Challenger Demon Is an 840-HP Street-Legal Drag CarDodge claims it has the most powerful V-8 engine ever fitted to a production car.READ NOW
- RELATEDDodge Challenger Demon Gets One Last Teaser Video Before It ArrivesThe car makes its debut next Tuesday, ahead of the New York Auto Show.READ NOW