Koenigsegg Claims One:1 Hypercar is Capable of a 6:40 Nurburgring Lap Time
"If we really push and hang our balls out, this is a 6:40 car." -Christian Von Koenigsegg
Koenigsegg founder and CEO Christian Von Koenigsegg has thrown around some bold claims around at Geneva this week. Apparently Christian Von Koenigsegg spoke with Top Gear while at the Geneva Motor Show and said the One:1 could beat the record-holding Lamborghini Huracan Performante.
According to Koenigsegg, the One:1 we saw lapping the Nurburgring in 2016 was running at only 900 horsepower, 460 horsepower short of its maximum power rating. He also stated that all laps done in the One:1 were "leisurely" and not intended to set any records. In Koenigsegg's words,
"And that was a leisurely run. Everyone who drove the car said, 'if we really push and hang our balls out, this is a 6:40 car. Then we had the stupid ABS failure, and we never got to prove it."
Words of a true poet. According to Koenigsegg, test laps of the One:1 clocked in under seven minutes and he is confident that the Swedish hypercar will be able to break Lamborghini’s controversial record if given the opportunity. The privately owned One:1 that was used for testing is currently undergoing repairs and will be used for the lap record if—and that's a big if, given the damage it sustained during testing—the the owner consents.
- RELATEDWatch a Rare Koenigsegg Agera RS Conquer the Snow-Covered Swiss AlpsThere are only 25 of these in the world.READ NOW
- RELATEDThere’s a Koenigsegg One:1 for Sale in Miami for $5 MillionIt's one of just seven in existence.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Koenigsegg One:1 Just Crashed at the NurburgringSuper-powerful supercar wipes out during testing.READ NOW
- RELATEDKoenigsegg Reveals Regera Customer CarsKoenigsegg's given us a glimpse of two Regera customer cars before Geneva, and, unsurprisingly, they're gorgeous.READ NOW
- RELATEDSee the Koenigsegg Regera Do a Massive BurnoutJust because it's a hybrid doesn't mean it needs to be Earth-friendly.READ NOW