2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Starts at $40,995
The ZR2 trim turns Chevy's mid-sized Colorado pickup truck into a solid off-roader—one that costs far less than bigger bad-boy rigs.
Starting at $40,995, Chevy's new Colorado ZR2 is aimed at being an unbeatable performance bargain in the mid-sized pickup category. And it's easy to see how it might succeed, too—thanks to a thorough going-over by GM, the ZR2 trim is packed with hardcore off-road features and technology that sets it apart from the mid-sized competition.
Chevrolet Trucks marketing director, Sandor Piszar, thinks so, too: "Some vehicles that customers might cross-shop with ZR2 can spec out as much as $26,000 more than our truck—or the price of a well-equipped 2017 Colorado. When you buy a ZR2 at the starting price of $40,995, you are getting all of the significant off-road technologies standard with the vehicle, as well as an eight-speed automatic transmission and a wealth of other features at no additional cost."
The Chevy Colorado ZR2 comes with class-exclusive off-road features
In case you've forgotten from the truck's Los Angeles Auto Show debut, the Colorado ZR2 comes with exclusive off-road features like:
- Multimatic Dynamic Suspensions Spool Valve (DSSVTM) dampers
- Cast-iron control arms
- A 2" lift over a standard Colorado
- Widened front and rear tracks (3.5" more than a standard Colorado)
- Front and rear-locking electronic differentials
- Transfer case shielding
- Aluminum skid plate for radiator and oil pan
In standard form, power comes from a 3.6-liter V6 that's putting out 306 horsepower and 275 pound-feet of torque, but there's an optional 2.8-liter Duramax diesel that has 186 hp and pull-me-out-of-anything 369 lb-ft of twist. This isn't close to Ford Raptor territory, but considering it starts at almost $10K less, the Colorado ZR2 has people who don't need the giant F-150's size covered.
Check it out in its natural habitat below.
- RELATEDWatch the Chevy Colorado ZR2 Do The Desert SlideThis chipper off-road specialist looks great doing it.READ NOW
- RELATEDChevrolet Reveals Off-Road-Happy Colorado ZR2 in Gasoline, Diesel VersionsThink of it as a baby F-150 Raptor…made by the other guys.READ NOW
- RELATEDBehold the Chevy Colorado ZH2, the U.S. Army’s New Fuel Cell Off-RoaderThe Army looks to go green in a whole new way.READ NOW