The 7 Most Ludicrous Cars for Sale Online This Week
Your collection needs a pillarless Bentley Coupe—and an Oldsmobile.
Welcome to The Drive's new series, The Most Ludicrous Cars for Sale Online This Week. Think of it as your one-stop shop for all the mental car buying you'll be doing tonight, in those blissful hours between when you buy that Mega Millions ticket and when you find out that no, you didn't win.
The high caliber of recent sales like the Aston Martin Vulcan has gotten us thinking. Say, on a whim, you wanted to accrue a world-class supercar collection, with something like that British carbon-fiber monster as the centerpiece. What else is available, right now, on the Internet? Well above the troughs of rusty Imprezas, stanced Miatas, and endearingly shabby Honda Civics, there’s a hell of a lot of fantastic metal. So set your sorting feature to “By Price—High” and take a look at what the web is serving.
2009 Bentley Brooklands
Originally costing a good bit more than $400,000, the Brooklands might be Bentley’s prettiest coupe of the last 30 years. Rare, too, with just 550 examples of the pillarless design built. Now? Still gorgeous, even rarer, and going for $90k. On eBay.
2009 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 S
While amateurs might be right in thinking that the “722 S” edition of Mercedes and McLaren’s collaboration makes 722 horsepower, the number actually refers to Sterling Moss’s winning number in the 1955 Mille Miglia. The SLR 722 S gets by with a mere 640 horsepower. At JamesEdition.com.
2003 Ferrari Enzo
1970 Oldsmobile 422
Bugatti EB110 SS
It’s no Veyron, and better for it. The EB110 was one of the top supercars of the Nineties, with four turbochargers and the same, odd Bugatti grille that mars—sorry, graces—the brand's current supercar. At JamesEdition.com.
1946 Flxble Bus
2016 Lamborghini LP750 Aventador SV Roadster
- RELATEDThe 7 Most Ludicrous Sports Cars for Sale Online This WeekYou want to buy a Ferrari GTO through the Internet? Hell, why not two?READ NOW
- RELATEDMercedes' First Yacht Is Finally for SaleFour years after the concept was introduced, the brand's $1.7 million Arrow 460 takes to the seas.READ NOW
- RELATEDDonald Trump’s Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster Is for SaleThe case for buying the only immigrant the Donald actually liked.READ NOW
- RELATEDBoston Parking Spot for Sale, Bring $650,000Being a gearhead in Beantown isn’t as bad as you’d think. But, man, pahking your cah ain’t cheap.READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla Model S P90D Ludicrous Proves Tesla Is the New AppleTraditional automotive brands should be very, very afraid.READ NOW