Mercedes-AMG GT R Teased Ahead of Its Debut Next Week
Super sports car will finally show its face at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.
Mercedes-Benz—sorry, Mercedes-AMG—has released a new teaser video for the sharp-edged GT R super sports car it plans on debuting this summer. Spoiler alert: It will be offered in green.
Other than the verdant paint job slathered across its bulging bodywork, the clip doesn't reveal much we didn't already know from the plethora of spy footage captured at and around the Nürburgring Nordschleife. There's a sleek, understated fixed spoiler rising from the trunk, harsh racing seats, plenty of contrasting stitching, and...that's about all we have to work with.
Luckily, we already know a fair amount about this new, more powerful version of AMG's bespoke sports car. AMG's Tobias Moers has stated the car will be more powerful than the GT-S, and that it'll fly around race tracks even faster than the SLS Black Series. And even the car's shrink-wrapped camouflage can't conceal the fact that the car has an aerodynamically-inspired underbite and a central tailpipe arrangement.
We don't have to wait long to find out all the details on Mercedes's new monster. According to the video, the Mercedes-AMG GT R will be revealed on June 24—the second day of the Goodwood Festival of Speed. We can hold out until then...though we'll probably wind up watching this video quite a few more times
- RELATEDCritics' Notebook: Mercedes-Benz AMG GT-SA thrilling sports car that somehow fails to arouse.READ NOW
- RELATEDChevrolet Corvette Z06 Vs. Mercedes-AMG GT-R at the NürburgringThe hills are alive with the sound of V-8s.READ NOW
- RELATEDListen to the 2017 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Burble Down the RoadSo many hyphens, so much sexiness.READ NOW
- RELATEDMercedes-AMG GT-R Caught Hot-Lapping the NürburgringAMG's souped-up super sports car seen in flagrante delicto.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2016 Mercedes-AMG GT S Is the Most Interesting Car This YearSmaller engine, bigger expectations.READ NOW