Porsche Births a Monstrous V-8 and a Stylish Hot Tub From Ox + Monkey: The Evening Rush
Plus, the Italian police get some wicked Alfas and Hyundai reveals a cheap fuel-sipper.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Porsche has debuted a new monstrous twin-turbo V-8 good for 549 horsepower and 567 lb-ft of torque. According to reports, the V-8 will be used across the VW Group, probably in more powerful Audis.
Italian police are about to take delivery of a brand new Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio this week. Though that may strike fear in the heart of speeders, the Quads won't be pursuit vehicles. Instead, the 505-horsepower sedans will be used as organ transport vehicles able to quickly shuttle vital tissue between hospitals.
Pricing for the 2017 Hyundai Elantra Eco has been released and, no surprise, it’s affordable. Priced at $21,485, the 1.4-liter turbo Elantra is expected to hit an impressive 40mpg highway. That means cheap road trips, kids.
Often, a long road trip means minimal good, hot showers. Now, you may stink no more. The Road Shower 2, an environmentally-friendly, portable shower, uses sunlight to heat the water and a hand pump to build pressure.
A company called Ox + Monkey have released a stylish wood-fired hot-tub for two. Even if you're not outfitting a deluxe chalet in Aspen, it may still well be the best purchase you ever make. Heck, even Florida has some cool nights.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Lagunitas Brewing Company in Petaluma, California. Although this brewery has grown rapidly over the last five years, they are still churning out some amazing West Coast brews. Heavy with hops and citrus flavors, we recommend Waldo’s Special Ale.
Although Spring Showers are in full effect, Summer Sun is fast approaching. Do yourself a favor and pick up a pair of Costa Sunglasses for 45% off.
- RELATEDHow To Plug a Leaky TireYou can do this!READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Best City Car is a Really Big Pickup TruckIn the untamed urban jungle, bigger is better.READ NOW
- RELATEDBMW's Quest to Help Oracle Team USA Win the America's Cup, AgainThe carmaker's aerodynamic and steering feel (gulp) expertise is put to the test.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhat the Captain America: Civil War Superheroes Would Drive (Without Product Placement)Hawkeye drives a Dodge Caravan, obviously.READ NOW
- RELATEDCadillac ATS-V: Checkmate for BMW’s ‘Bahn-burning M3?This Cadillac has 464 horsepower. It’s balanced and fun, and it looks pretty slick, too. Oh, did we mention it comes with a manual gearbox? Yeah. The ATS-V is here, and it’s about business.READ NOW