Tesla Cranks Up Production and Donkervoort Returns: The Evening Rush
Plus, the ultimate record shelf and beer from Frost Beer Works.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Tesla has started to crank up production over the past couple of years with no plans to slow. According to Musk, Tesla will deliver an impressive 90,000 cars this year and a ludicrous 500,000 cars in 2018.
Auto manufacturer Donkervoort is back and packing heat with the new D8 GTO-RS. Equipped with a 2.5L turbocharged 5-cylinder good for at least 380hp, the lightweight Donkervoort is a welcome addition to the sports car world. A small one, though: they're making only 40.
There have long been rumors about the Mercedes-Benz pickup and now, spy shots have emerged.
The Modern HiFi Stereo Console is almost as nice to look at as it is to hear. Made of walnut and maple, this beautiful record shelf has built-in Bluetooth speakers that produce serious sound.
If you're the impulsive type, try Ink Hunter, an app that lets you see what your tattoo is going to look like before you actually get it. It'll make for better tats, and fewer regrets.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Frost Beer Works in Hinesburg, Vermont. This small 7-barrel brewery is all about brewing hoppy beers from locally grown ingredients. You can find these tasty suds in 22oz bottles in select VT locations. We recommend the Really Pale Ale.
Best Made Co. has come out with a cotton/nylon blend board short perfect for an active day. With reinforced stitching and brass-tipped drawstrings, these board shorts will outlast the body required to wear them.
- RELATEDMeet Volvo's 2017 Polestar V60 and S60With its brilliant new turbocharged 2.0-liter engine, the Volvo Polestar takes dead aim at the Audi S4.READ NOW
- RELATEDFive Cars We Wish Fiat-Chrysler Would Hellcat“Hellcat” is a verb now, so we should use it more often. Like right now.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Car-Sharing App Battle in Austin Is Ruining My LifeThe Unenthusiast bemoans a collision of the two things he loves least: Austin and cars.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 8 Best Luxury Cars You Can Actually AffordDepreciation is your friend.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Drive 50’s Social Media Power PollChoose your favorite social media stars from this list of 25.READ NOW