Fiat 124 Spider Is Gunning For The Miata and Ford May Have a New Mustang: The Evening Rush
Plus, a rambler from Yeti and tasty pints from Modern Times Beer
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Fiat has announced pricing for their 124 Spider, and much to the surprise of many, it comes in a tick lower than most Miatas. The 124 Spider Classica will start at $25,990, compared to the Miata’s sticker of $25,735. Which will Average Schmuck choose?
Red Bull is testing a new aeroscreen as a possible solution for the F1 cockpit dilemma. As you can see in their test video, the ballistic windscreen can take quite a licking from a tire -strike at 140 mph.
Spy shots of the Ford Mustang Mach 1 have been released and there are substantial aerodynamics present. In addition, you can see a quad exhaust, hinting at some possible engine upgrades.
We like Yeti Coolers. Recently Yeti came out with a Rambler series that features three sizes perfectly calibrated to your desired level of outdoor drunkeness:18, 36, and 64 ounces. Each of the Ramblers can keep your favorite beverages cooled for days at a time thanks to "double-wall vacuum insulation." Pick yours up at Yeticoolers.com.
If you're evil enough, you can make a firepit out of anything. But why be evil? Instead, use heavy sheet-metal Stahl Firepits.
Today’s beer pick comes from Modern Times Beer in San Diego, California. Founded in 2013, the Modern Times has expanded to a 30-barrel capacity and, if you happen to be in San Diego, a well-appointed taproom for customers to swill suds locally. Consistently scoring in the 90s on Beer Advocate, this brewery will only continue to improve with age. We recommend Booming Rollers, an American IPA.
Trail running. Get your exercise, look at trees. Win-win! But our in-house EMT urges you to use the right shoes to prevent injury. If you need ideas, go with Altra Superior 2.0s. With a lightweight construction and protection plates for running on sharp rocks, Altras will help you outrun that bear every time.
- RELATEDGetting Dirty with the Gotham City Land Cruiser ClubRusty, greasy project truck hell can be disheartening, but these Land Cruiser maniacs remind us what's so great about these indomitable off-roaders.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Weekend, Catch Jacques Tati's Sexy “Trafic”It's a zany French comedy about an ill-fated road trip to a car show. What's not to love?READ NOW
- RELATEDDrifting At 130mph Is a Beautiful Dance With DeathPlease excuse the cameraman while he changes his boxers.READ NOW
- RELATEDIs Bentley Going to Make An Electric Car?Of course it is. We make the case why.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: April 29, 2016Ford's massive recall, a jet-inspired Escalade, a beefier Mini, a grill in a trash can, and wheelchair flips.READ NOW