VW Cancels the Golf R 400 and the Depth of Mitsubishi’s Lies: The Evening Rush
Plus, the Ripsurf from Razor and award-winning beer from Avery Brewing Company.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
We regret to inform you that the Golf R 400 has been called off. While the world would doubtlessly be a better place with a 400hp monster Golf, it's not to be. The VW Group will definitely produce a 400+ horsepower 2.0L—just don’t expect to see it under the hood of a Volkswagen.
Mercedes-Benz has been hard at work testing out the new SL and SLC platform, called Modular Sports Car Architecture. The new, adaptable chassis will allow Mercedes to cut costs and promote sharable tech between cars.
Mitsubishi has been falsifying fuel economy reports and unlike Volkswagen's shorter con, the company has been doing it for 25 years.
Are you a landlocked bro looking to catch that endless wave? Stop letting the lack of water harsh your mellow and grab a Ripsurf Complete Caster Board from Razor. Based off the undulating RipStik middle-schoolers are obsessed with, the bigger board will provide chill, surf-like motions to any sidewalk you happen across.
The Boomstick is an adapter that attaches to your listening device and improves sound quality, even on the chintziest ear buds. You may never get that Beats bass or Bose quiet, but every little bit helps.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Avery Brewing Company in Boulder, Colorado. This craft brewery has been a Colorado powerhouse since it started in 1993 and led the charge for craft breweries around the Rocky Mountains. We recommend you try their Maharaja, an Imperial IPA.
Even spring nights get cold. The Penfield Kenai fleece is perfect for when the campfire embers have died down, but you're still halfway through a quality, fireside chat. No
- RELATEDThe Demolished Cars of Beyoncé's 'Lemonade'An enraged Queen Bey punishes all cheating husbands by wrecking their favorite rides.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 420 Horsepower Mitsubishi Eclipse Will Cure What Ails YouMatt Farah (All-Wheel) drives the tuner's tuner car.READ NOW
- RELATEDFormer /DRIVE and Fast Lane Daily Owner Arrested for FraudEmil Rensing charged with stealing millions from Epix.READ NOW
- RELATED2016 BMW i3 Quick ReviewCritic's notebook takeaway: Plug ugly future shockREAD NOW
- RELATEDDubai Fire Department Claims Its Chevy Corvettes Are “Trucks”Also insists it has the world's fastest fire trucks. (You can't make this stuff up.)READ NOW