The Return of the Jag Straight-6 and a Crime-Fighting Ford F-150: The Evening Rush
Plus, a hydration pack from Dakine and barrel-aged beer from The Bruery.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Spy shots of a three-row VW SUV have emerged in Arizona. Volkswagen plans to target the Ford Explorer with the larger SUV and reports indicate the vehicle will go on sale in Spring of 2017.
Reports indicate that Jaguar plans to ditch the aging V-6 that can be found in many of their cars for a 3.0-liter, turbocharged straight-six next year. Car stated that the engine will range from 275-500 horsepower. The move is welcomed by fans of marque—the straight-six is the engine type that made Jaguar's name in cars like the D- and E-Type.
Ford is stripping their F-150 of all the bells and whistles and transforming it into a crime-fighting machine. Void of luxuries like leather, hi-def audio, heated seats, the new F-150 SSV is a heavy-duty pickup built for emergency responders. The SSV comes with a larger alternator, easy to clean vinyl seats and either a 5.0-liter V-8 or a 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6.
Action sports and outdoor activities are the best parts of summer—right up until you pass out from dehydration. Keep your body happy and upright with a Dakine Amp 18L Hydration Pack. It's long fall to the ground.
Not that many dream of air-conditioners, but did they, the Noria would appear. It's an extremely compact (18” wide & 6” tall) and efficient air conditioner can be installed in minutes. Bluetooth capability means you can control the machine from your phone in... April 2017, when deliveries are expected.
Today’s beer pick takes us to The Bruery in Placentia, California. Founded in 2008 by homebrewer Patrick Rue, Bruery was all about taking big risks to find the right flavors. With over half of their beers barrel-aged, Bruery has achieved a real diversity. Steering clear of the IPA craze, the company encourages beer enthusiasts to explore options like oak-aged American red ales. We recommend the Humulus Lager.
A water-repellent windbreaker is a key article of clothing for an unpredictable spring. The chaps at Best Made Co. have designed a treated cotton/nylon windbreaker perfect for hiking up a trail or to the bar. With heavy-duty zippers and brass snaps, you'll trek for years to come.
- RELATEDIn the Crook of the Rio GrandeBig Bend is what we've been looking for since we left.READ NOW
- RELATEDChevrolet Corvette Z06 Vs. Mercedes-AMG GT-R at the NürburgringThe hills are alive with the sound of V-8s.READ NOW
- RELATEDSocial Media Sleuths Help Find YouTube Star's Stolen Lotus in ParisA 4am gunpoint heist of YouTube phenom Seb Delanney ends in tears—of joy.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhy Do We Love the Porsche 911 So Damn Much?This week on AFTER/DRIVE: Rob Dickinson from Singer Vehicle Design talks honest design and Neun Elf perfection.READ NOW
- RELATEDJaguar Has Amazing Plans for the F-PaceHow does a supercharged V-8 engine sound to you?READ NOW