The New 2017 Audi SQ7 and a Hybrid Subaru BRZ: The Evening Rush
Plus, a life-saving Leatherman and the ultimate fishing shirt from Vineyard Vines.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Audi has unveiled the 2017 SQ7 with a vomit-inducing promotional scene from the upcoming movie, Captain America: Civil War. Although we're excited to see the sporty SUV, it's hard to see it smashed and bashed. No word on powertrain, but expect more than the current six-cylinder. Eight turbocharged ones, perhaps?
The geniuses at Mississippi State University have developed a plug-in hybrid Subaru BRZ capable of traveling 550 miles at a time. According to MSU, the sporty coupe is able to launch to 60mph in an impressive 5.7 seconds.
In acrobatic news, professional stuntman Damian Walters showed off his skills by back flipping over a Formula E racecar traveling at 60mph. The video allows viewers to have a 360-degree view of the impressive stunt, despite the fact that most would prefer to see less than one degree of the stomach-churning action.
There is a good chance that your place of work has motion-sensing lights that go on when you enter a room. Why not have them in your home? The Haiku Designer Series are motion-sensing ceiling lights that are adjustable, stylish, and energy-saving. For efficiency, the lights automatically dim when natural sunlight is present.
Multi-tools are sometimes looked down upon in the gear world because they do everything “okay” but nothing well. This is not the case for the Leatherman Raptor, a multi-tool designed for first responders with shears, a ring cutter, a seatbelt cutter, an oxygen wrench and a ruler. Even if you're not an EMT, this jack-of-all-trades could be many types of handy in an accident.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Strong Rope Brewery in Brooklyn, New York. Just two miles from our office in Industry City, Strong Rope is nestled among heavy hitters like Other Half Brewing Co and Threes Brewing Co. Still, this young brewery is getting some considerable buzz by using ingredients strictly from NY farms. Drink local, eh?
Looking for the perfect fishing shirt? Go check out Vineyard Vines’ Trumpetfish Plaid Harbor Shirt. Made of performance nylon and loaded with vents, this is the perfect plaid to keep you cool while casting line.
- RELATEDLawrence Ulrich Drives the Audi R8 to 180 mph at DaytonaFinally, a proper venue to wring out a supercar.READ NOW
- RELATED20 Photographic Highlights of the Luftgekuhlt Porsche Show450 perfect vintage Porsches, and not a water pump on the lot.READ NOW
- RELATEDHappy Birthday, Ford Mustang52 years ago today, the roaring lifetime of a cultural icon began in Queens, New York.READ NOW
- RELATEDCadillac CT6 3.0TT AWD Platinum Quick ReviewCritics' Notebook takeaway: take off your shoes, you're entering the temple.READ NOW
- RELATEDMercedes' First Yacht Is Finally for SaleFour years after the concept was introduced, the brand's $1.7 million Arrow 460 takes to the seas.READ NOW