A Porsche Wagon and a Mini Cooper Sedan: The Evening Rush
Plus, Patagonia jackets on the cheap and one good, dark brew.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Rumor has it that Mini will be introducing a sedan as the fifth member of its lineup. Considering the success of models like the Audi A3 and Mercedes CLA, a foray into the tiny, premium sedan market would be wise for the British brand.
Congratulations to BMW, who just sold their two-millionth sixth-generation 5-series. Since being introduced in 1972, the 5-series produced has broken many records, including world's fastest sedan (BMW M5) in 1984. It may not be the flashiest or most novel model in the brand's line-up—that's what the X6M is for—but it seems the Fiver still sells.
Shots of the 2017 Porsche Panamera Shooting Brake have leaked, showing an evolution of Porsche's ungainly sedan that packs additional cargo space and, for the first time, handsome lines.
If you ride a motorcycle and don’t wear a helmet, you're racing yourself toward traumatic brain injury. Wave a red flag on that sprint and grab a noggin protector from HJC. (The Captain America Edition is our pick.) Made of a lightweight polycarbonate shell and with advanced channeling ventilation, this helmet looks cool, stays cool and promises to keep your grey matter inside.
The ultimate property lock is here. Unlike the conventional bike lock, the goLock is futuristic and interactive. GoLock emits a 90 decibel shriek if tampered with and quickly notifies the owner (via Bluetooth) if he's within a 300-yard radius.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Perennial Artisan Ales in Saint Louis, Missouri. Focusing on small-batch beers, Perennial is all about exploring the weirder beers—ever tried one with cacao nibs and mint leaves? If you're looking for less of a candy finish, try a bottle of Barrel-Aged Abraxas, a dark beer.
Spring is perfect for running outdoors, except for the frequent downpours. The Patagonia Storm Racer Jacket, a lightweight raincoat, keeps you dry while not restricting mobility or overheating its wearer. Steep And Cheap is selling them at 50% off.
- RELATEDThe Worst Cars for Sale in AmericaConsumer Reports issues its annual list of four-wheeled duds.READ NOW
- RELATEDAir Force to Keep the A-10 Warthog AirborneAt least until we clear up this pesky Islamic State problem.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 8 Worst Customized Celebrity CarsPrepare to cringe at the expensive, expensive sacrilege.READ NOW
- RELATEDLexus LX 570 Quick ReviewCritics' Notebook takeaway: Your own personal climate concierge.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 7 Sexiest Cars Without Grills (Before the Tesla Model S)Cars don't always have to bare their teeth.READ NOW