Goodbye to BMW’s Manual V-8s, Hello to New Nike Kicks: The Evening Rush
Plus, affordable headphones and some fine Smuttynose from New England.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Ken Block has announced that his new steed, a Ford Focus RS, is almost ready to rally. The 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder will dish out a mind-blowing 600hp and 664lb-ft of torque to all four wheels! Expect to see this rocket bombing through stages at the Global Rallycross Championship this season.
Spy shots indicate that Chevy has begun working on the next generation Camaro Z/28 now that the ZL1 coupe and convertible are done. As you can see in spy shots, the Z/28 will most likely use some pretty serious aero and a wide stance. No word on the engine, yet, but figure on eight cylinders.
The inevitable has happened to the BMW M5 and M6: According to BMW M boss Frank Van Meel, the pair will no longer have the option of a manual gearbox. Van Meel states that the demand for the manual transmission had approached zero.
Are you ready to have the power of the sun at your hips? The Repulsor flashlight is a hip-mounted ultra-illuminator capable of producing 7,911 lumens to turn night into day. Check out their product on Kickstarter, then work to fully glorify the lusty sun god, Apollo.
Beyond Beats by Dre: Status Audio makes high-quality headphones for less than half the price ($49.00). The HD Ones cover all the ranges with clarity to ensure you hear all the highs and lows in songs that the artist intended. It's never really all about that bass.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Smuttynose Brewing Company in Hampton, New Hampshire. Since being founded in 1994, Smuttynose has expanded their distribution to over two dozen states. Still, the brewery has ensured that each of their now-national beers keeps its earthy, New England taste. (None of that pesky Mid-Atlantic polish.) We especially recommend the Finest Kind IPA and Old Brown Dog.
It is time to kick your gym routine into overtime: Summer bodies are made in March! Luckily, Nike has a pair of great training sneakers, the Nike FS Lite Trainer 3s, for only $57.00. Or, keep that cozy winter paunch and accessorize with a Speedo. Just do you.
- RELATEDHow to Dominate Instagram Car PhotographyScrew algorithm issues. These pro tips will have your feed commanding eyeballs.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Maestro of Mercedes GullwingsAnd how a cartoon inspires one of the best 300SL restorers in the world.READ NOW
- RELATEDYou've Been Doing the Scandinavian Flick All WrongSo let the crew at Team O'Neil rally school show you how to do it right.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 10 New Cars With the Worst Fuel EconomyCars for owners who can afford the entire gas station.READ NOW
- RELATEDMerle Haggard, Beloved Country Star, Dies on 79th BirthdayThe Drive commemorates a favorite balladeer of road trippers everywhere.READ NOW