The New Volvo Polestars and a Dry-Making Marmot Jacket: The Evening Rush
Spring is sloppy: stay dry in a hot Volvo wagon or a cool raincoat.
Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Aston Martin is planning to build the lightest street-legal Vantage ever, to be called the Aston Martin Vantage GT8. We don't get know numbers, save one: just 150 will be made.
The 2017 Volvo S60 and V60 Polestars are getting a nice little bump in power, even after losing two cylinders to the outgoing model. The 2017 cars will have a 367hp 2.0L twin-turbocharged four-cylinder under the hood, capable of launching both vehicles to 60mph in 4.5 seconds.
Chevrolet has stated that they will be covering all track-related malfunctions on sixth generation, V-8 Camaros. That includes the SS, 1LE and ZL1. Still, if anything is modified on the car, it will no longer be covered under warranty.
Time to level up on your garage game. The Ryobi Module garage door opener is the slick new Bluetooth compatible opener of your dreams. (But also: dream bigger.) The Module is 20% quieter than the average garage door opener and has attachments ranging from laser-guided parking assist to wireless speakers.
Even to those living outside their mother's finished basement, the Playstation VR headset is extremely cool. The headset utilizes 1080p and 130fps to place you right in the middle of the action. Too bad it's $400 beyond the PS4's already heavy sticker.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Voodoo Brewing Company in Meadville, Pennsylvania. This small brewery absolutely dominates the PA craft beer scene. Feeling nationalistic even amid this crazy election season? Do yourself a favor and pick up a six-pack of the brand's American IPA, Good Vibes.
Four straight days of rain means it's time to start looking for a good raincoat. Marmot has always produced good, dry-keeping shells like the Exum Ridge Jacket. Made with lightweight and breathable GORE-TEX, the Exum Ridge is dry without being suffocating.
- RELATEDBehind the Scenes With New York's Grand Central Fire BrigadeThis is what it takes to protect the world’s largest train terminal.READ NOW
- RELATEDBehind the Scenes at Mr. Softee's Ice Cream Truck GarageEach year, an army of Mr. Softee trucks are repainted and refurbished in south New Jersey before ice-cream season. Here's what it's like inside the sweet treat headquarters.READ NOW
- RELATEDAll Is Right in the House of DriftA crash course in drifting makes Cantle a convert.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Is the Only Jeep You NeedWait, what's this bit of heresy?READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla Has 276,000 Model 3 Orders AlreadyThat's $276M in the bank—and those orders could be worth $15 billion overall.READ NOW