The New Mercedes-AMG GT R and Delivery Underwear: The Evening Rush
From the sounds of things, prospective AMG drivers will be needing a good supply of briefs.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Every once in a while, an exhaust note leaves you breathless. In a world of quad-exhausts and 700hp production cars though, it can be hard for a car to cry above the din. The Mercedes-AMG GT R spied testing at the Nurburgring has no trouble, barreling down the famous track with a roar befitting a perturbed Black Forest tree god.
Mercedes-AMG already has 38 models, but Affalterbach's hungry for more. Mercedes-AMG plans to add 10 models by the end of the year, for a total of 48 models (math…). The sub-brand is planning to open up standalone dealerships for their expanded performance line. Does this dilute the AMG brand, or is it a welcome expansion?
We all get that supercars are expensive. Especially Dutch ones. Pricing for the new Spyker C8 Preliator has been released and it comes in at a cool $354,900. Although this is far from the most expensive supercar, is this Audi-powered (4.2L supercharged V-8) really worth the price tag?
Smart homes are a cool byproduct of the rise of cloud-based technology. However, all that information getting relayed to the cloud can create a privacy risk. A new product called Zoe Secure Smart Home Hub keeps things closed-circuit, allowing you to control your home’s audio, lighting, security, etc., without sending any info skyward.
In this day in age, phone chargers invaluable. Rather than carrying around a long cord all day, pick up one of these lightning to USB key chains by Nomad. Your Instas will never cease.
Even Commanders shouldn't go commando: underwear are a necessity of life. Like any other daily item, it pays to keep a healthy stash on hand. Instead of hauling over to the store, let Me Undies send you discounted pairs every month.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Peekskill Brewery in Peekskill, New York. Although this young brewery has a fairly limited distribution radius, all within it get to enjoy consistently excellent beers. For a fuller experience, stop by the Peekskill Pub and grab a pitcher of wicked, 11% ABV Howling Fantods stout.
Our caption contest winner has been chosen. From @Alessandro676: "Suddenly, a herd of Porsches approaches the stream. Timid at first, the alpha male of the herd begins to drink from the river, unaware of the dangers that lie beneath the waters..." Better then Attenborough himself, sir. Congratulations.
- RELATEDWhat the Hell's Wrong With Oregon Drivers?There is a place so devoid of urgency that cars slow down for corners on the interstate. It is Oregon.READ NOW
- RELATEDIt Took 27 Years to Build This French Hot RodThe French mob’s favorite getaway car can be yours for about $36,000.READ NOW
- RELATEDMercedes-AMG GT-R Caught Hot-Lapping the NürburgringAMG's souped-up super sports car seen in flagrante delicto.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow to Not Kill Your Dog in the CarA hound in the back of a pickup is great imagery. It's also deadly.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Chevrolet Blazer K/5 Is The Vintage Truck You Need To Buy Right NowThe best thing to happen between 1969 and 1972, besides maybe the moon landing.READ NOW