The Evening Rush for March 28, 2016
Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Time for the affluent to get out their check books: the Volvo XC90 T8 Excellence is finally here. Clocking in at $104,900, this SUV is the most expensive Volvo has ever produced. This newfound luxury branding has shown that Volvo can confidently compete with other high-end manufacturers like Mercedes-Benz, BMW, and Lexus.
Last week we showed you the spy shots of a new BMW M5 that were floating around the internet, and while those are great and all, they don’t hold a candle to some good Nürburgring video.
This weekend, RWB’s Akira Nakai built a monster Porsche 964 in our Brooklyn Studio. Fortunately for you, we recorded every single step for your viewing pleasure.
Digital cameras are great but they're more fragile than Kanye’s ego. Thankfully, Olympus has released the TG-870 waterproof camera for all your aquatic expeditions. Capable of traveling to depths of 50 feet, the TG-870 is perfect for a day on (and below) the boat.
Keeping your coffee warm during a long drive is pivotal for one’s sanity. To help with this necessity, Yeti Coolers has come out with the 20oz Rambler Tumbler. Capable of keeping coffee warm for insane periods of time—up to 12 hours by some accounts—this cup will quickly become your new best friend.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Central Waters Brewing Company in Amherst, Wisconsin. This small craft brewery has focused distribution in the Wisconsin area but the coasts are occasionally blessed with some of their heavily sought-after brews. If you're in the mood for a world-class imperial stout, Black Gold is the beer for you.
Finding a pair of high quality but affordable pants is close to impossible, so today we proudly introduce you to Jomers. With a wide variety of limited-release styles, Jomers is the perfect place for someone looking to pick up some sharp slacks on the cheap.
- RELATEDUnpopular Opinion: The EcoBoost Ford Mustang Is the Best MustangForget the 5.0-liter V-8. You really want a four-cylinder muscle car.READ NOW
- RELATEDGallery: RWB's Akira Nakai Builds a Porsche Masterpiece in The Drive's GarageSee the famed Porsche tuner in action.READ NOW
- RELATEDWet Hot American Summer Goes RacingDavid Wain and Michael Showalter go pseudo-McQueen in an automotive romp.READ NOW
- RELATEDAndy Green Wants To Be the Fastest Man on EarthThe land speed record holder on the nitty-gritty of going 1,000 miles per hour.READ NOW
- RELATEDJay Leno Explains Why His 1931 Indian Scout Is the Great American BikeTwo (dirty) wheels for the win.READ NOW