The Drive’s Evening Rush: From the New Mercedes E63 AMG to the Infallible Firestash Pocket Lighter
Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.
e Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
The Genesis Hybrid Sports Sedan concept hints at the company’s future styling. Beyond sleek shape, the concept is propelled by a 2.0L four-cylinder hybrid capable of pumping out 242hp and 260lb-ft of torque.
What is better than a high horsepower wagon? Quick answer: nothing! Spy shots of the 2017 Mercedes-AMG E63 wagon have come out and although the car is heavy camouflaged, the profile reads glorious. The atomic grocery-getter will be powered by a twin-turbocharged 4.0L V-8, making around 550hp.
Volkswagen and Porsche will recall 800,000 Cayennes and Touaregs for a missing clip on those cars' brake pedal hinges. It's an unfortunately large recall for the somewhat-beleaguered brand, but an easy fix. Go to your dealerships, people!
Riding your bike to work is a great way to get in shape, but things can go south if you opt for dark riding gear and no lighting system on the way back, in the evening. Do yourself a favor and invest in the powerful Femto Front Light by Brooks England so that you don’t find yourself on the hood of a car, wishing you'd taken the train.
Whether you're a camper, a smoker or a romantic, it's always handy to have a waterproof lighter. True Utility has come out with a compact keychain lighter called the FireStash that is the perfect tool to add to your EDC. (That's "every day carry," for the uninitiated.)
Today’s beer pick takes us to Stillwater Artisanal Ales in Baltimore, Maryland. With plenty of farmhouse ales go around, Stillwater is all about exploring every genre in the beer canon. (Beer cannon: still in the works.) Distribution started back in 2010 and within five years, Stillwater won tons of awards, demonstrating that unconventional brew methods can yield some heady brews.
It is getting warmer, but you'll still need a layer. Transition into spring with Ball and Buck’s striped crew-neck pullover, made of 100% premium heavy-duty cotton. Wear it until June, then ditch it—at least, until October.
- RELATEDThe Evening Rush for March 22, 2016Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one placeREAD NOW
- RELATEDThe Evening Rush for March 21, 2016Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.READ NOW
- RELATED7 Of Aviation's Most Unsettling Mysteries (Besides Amelia Earhart)On the anniversary of the Germanwings tragedy, a look at several airborne enigmas.READ NOW
- RELATEDBehind The Wheel of All-Time Great Mercedes, Jaguars, and BMWsMy friend said, “hop in,” so I did. I always do.READ NOW
- RELATEDLive Streaming Now: RWB's Akira Nakai Builds a Porsche Masterpiece in The Drive's GarageA rare chance to see the famed body work master in action.READ NOW