The Evening Rush for March 16, 2016
Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
All hail the 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1. According to the recent press release, the 6.2L V-8-powered ZL1 is a 640hp monster with magnetic ride suspension and a 10-speed(!) automatic transmission.
Chevy is releasing a new trim for the popular Colorado pickup. It's called the Shoreline, it's completely cosmetic, and it pays tribute to the gold coast. The trim comes in red, white, blue, or silver, and the front bumper will match the body color. In addition, the Shoreline will have a blacked out grill, wheels, and door handles.
BMW has stated that they will in fact produce a spyder version of the i8. The drop-top will have the same performance numbers as the coupe but without, you know, a roof.
Life is all about exploration, stepping outside your comfort zone and enjoying the simplicities of nature. So stop lazing on the couch and invest in a Classic American Dream Trailer. This 4x8 foot, 650 lb trailer has everything you need to comfortably house two people, and when you get bored the roof doubles as a row boat. Do it!
If you've been following The Evening Rush for a while now, chances are you've acquired a fair amount of gear. Protect your prized possessions with Filson’s Medium Dry Duffel. This waterproof bag is perfect for your next adventure and is bound to grab the attention of your fellow outdoorsmen.
In honor of SXSW, today’s beer pick takes us to Jester King Brewery in Austin, Texas. This farmhouse brewery is all about truly adventurous brews using unique fermentation processes and local grains. Plus, the brewery has a massive outdoor space perfect for SXSW social event.
Deal of the Day: Modern, fancified workout gear is seriously expensive, so when something goes on sale we usually jump on it. Kettlebells open up a world of exercises—which does help justify their cost, which can run the equivalent of a month's membership at a good gym. Fortunately, Amazon is selling 45-lb kettlebells for 53% off.
- RELATEDThe Evening Rush for March 14, 2016Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Evening Rush for March 11, 2016Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Is The Best Kind of Monster640 supercharged horses, an optional 10-speed automatic transmission.READ NOW
- RELATEDWill The Cannonball Run Franchise Finally Be Revived?After years of conjecture and misfires, Warner Brothers acquires the rights and taps Etan Cohen to write and direct.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow to See Detroit Without Being a JackassThe auto show brings many unsavory people to town. Here’s how not to be one of them.READ NOW