The Evening Rush for March 08, 2016
Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Subaru has revealed the new car platform that is expected to carry them through 2025. The new structure is designed to be produced efficiently and to hold the autonomous driving modes that the brand plans to debut next year. With it, new Subarus will reportedly be between 70-100% more rigid.
In the market for a new Bugatti? You might not have the requisite cash, but allow yourself to dream with the new Bugatti Chiron configurator. Slap a bunch of different colors on the new car at www.bugatti.com. Although the options may be fairly limited, the new website provides an in-depth tour of the much-anticipated Chiron.
Spy shots of the 2017 Fiat 500 Abarth have leaked and the little devil is getting a much-needed facelift. With a new bumper and LED headlights, the 160hp (possibly up to 170hp) hatchback be in competition for the title of "spunkiest go-kart an adult can buy."
Ever had something break in your car in the middle of the night, leaving you helplessly in the dark, unable to see the problem? It's terrible. So, pick up the extremely compact Quark Click QK2L-X from FourSevens. This handy little flashlight will fit in your pocket and can produce an astonishing 700 lumens.
Get in shape for summer without spending a ton of money on a gym membership by purchasing a Cross 101 weighted vest for 60% off. With up to 40lbs in weight evenly dispersed across your upper body, you can maximize the effects of your calisthenics and cardio exercises.
Today’s beer pick takes us to The Drive’s backyard, Finback Brewery in Queens. With 12 beers on tap in their taproom and tons of room for activities, this young brewery (founded in 2014) is the perfect place to spend your Saturday. Do us a favor and bring us back a Oscillation IIPA.
With the warm weather kissing the Northeast, it is hard to not think about Spring and Summer. Fortunately, Best Made Co. is of the same mindset and has released their spring collection today. With plenty of short sleeve pullovers and field shorts, you are bound to find an article that will carry you breezily through the warmer months.
- RELATEDThe Evening Rush for March 07, 2016Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Evening Rush for March 03, 2016Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.READ NOW
- RELATEDHodinkee Store Relaunch Has the Gearhead Gear You WantA fresh selection of automotive swag, hidden inside a watch website.READ NOW
- RELATED7 Sexist Car Ads That Show We've Made Some ProgressOn International Women's Day, a humorous take on car advertising's retrograde backwaters.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe New Volkswagen GTI TCR Racecar Is Already Sold OutThe racing hot hatch of your dreams is already out of reach. But VW has a consolation prize.READ NOW