The Evening Rush for March 07, 2016
Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Spy shots of the Chevy Silverado 2500/3500 have leaked and although the body changes are only minor, reports indicate that the 6.6L V-8 will be heavily redone to compete with the Ford Super Duty series. The workhorse is expected to push out over 425hp and a heaping 860lb-ft of torque.
According to reports, you will soon be able to upgrade the family Volvo with Polestar performance parts. Up until now, Polestar performance was only available to those who purchased a Polestar edition of the 60 series, like the V60. Now that Volvo owns Polestar, customers will be able to pick and choose performance parts to tune their Volvos to their exact liking.
According to spy shots and reports, the 2018 BMW M5 is keeping similar power numbers but could lose up to 220lbs. The new M5 will likely use the 5.5L V-8, which makes upwards of 600hp. That will be... enough.
Turn your iPhone into a waterproof action cam with Watershot Splash. This highly durable case allows users to take their phone with them on their gnarliest aquatic adventures, allowing continuous documentation of every piece of the adventure.
You can never have too many flannels. Simple. End of story. That's where Stock Mfg Co comes in. Their new Fisherman’s Flannel is a perfect blend of classic and crisp. Accented pockets and a trim cut mean this flannel will lend your outdoorsy look just enough urban cool.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Tired Hands Brewing Company in Ardmore, Pennsylvania. Founded in 2011, Tired Hands is a product of founder Jean Broillet’s passion for homebrewing—particularly farmhouse ales. Now, his team is a respectable addition to the craft beer community, known as a brewery that isn’t afraid to venture beyond the average pale ale. Their tasty brews are too numerous to list: you'll have to check out their brewpub for yourself.
Everyone loves a good pair of underwear. Unfortunately, ultimate comfort can come at a price. Instead of being a chump and buying your underwear at retail, try 55% off Saxx Vibe Modern Fit Boxers.
- RELATEDThe Evening Rush for March 03, 2016Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.READ NOW
- RELATEDJay Leno Tries a Pair of Customized, Harley-Davidson Tilting TrikesInitially skeptical of two front wheels, supreme handling wins the comic over.READ NOW
- RELATEDCruising Miami in a Custom Pagani HuayraWhen you're offered a ride in a $1.6 million hypercar, you take it.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Kills New Music Video Is a Classic Lincoln ExtravaganzaIt turns out the Mark V Continental makes a decent funeral home.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhen Did the Geneva Motor Show Get So Ugly?The “design motor show” got hit by the fugly stick this year.READ NOW