The Evening Rush for Feb. 26, 2016
Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Honda plans to show a hatchback version of the Civic at Geneva Auto Show next week. Spy shots of the hatchback indicate a center mounted exhaust, so we have high hopes that a Si or R version is in the works.
Last week Hennessey Performance came out with a 1,032hp Challenger and now they are giving it a friend. Hennessey has announced that they will be offering their HPE1000 package for the Dodge Charger. The Charger will have the exact same engine setup as the Challenger, a twin-turbocharged V-8. Is this the first 1,000+ horsepower standardized tuning package for a sedan? We sure can’t think of anything else.
Sad news for our friends over in Australia. GM has decided that Holden will cease production by the end of 2017. Yes, that means no more rear wheel drive V-8 sedans! Sorry blokes.
Turn your kitchen into a pizzeria with the Pizzeria Pronto Stovetop Pizza Oven. The compact design allows heat to evenly disperse around the pizza for the perfect slice each time. Reaching 600 degrees, the Pizzeria Pronto will definitely improve your lazy night at home.
Looking for a new weekend getaway back? Check out Patagonia’s new Headway Duffel Bag 40L. This ultra-durable, water resistant bag is the perfect companion for that last minute trip.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Brandon, Vermont and Foley Brothers Brewing. Nestled in Rutland County, this small craft brewery appears to have one mission, make tasty suds! Although we haven’t confirmed this mission statement, beers like Pieces of Eight Imperial IPA speak for themselves. Keep up the good work guys!
- RELATEDThe Evening Rush for Feb. 25, 2016Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.READ NOW
- RELATEDForget About the “New Ford Bronco”: the Best Bronco Lives in the PastWe get it, the renderings are sweet, but lose yourself in this vintage photo deluge.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Koenigsegg Own a Porsche 918 on the Autobahn...along with pretty much every other vehicle on the road.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Drive’s First Annual RevviesThe Academy awards Oscars for cinematic excellence. We’re bestowing accolades for Hollywood’s undersung automotive accomplishments.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: February 26, 2016Building yourself an Acura supercar, F1 safety updates, hybrid pickups, a portable Spotify player, and two-wheeled craziness.READ NOW