The Evening Rush for Feb. 25, 2016
Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Although Ford hasn’t said anything official in regards to reviving the beloved Bronco, many fanboys have come up with some possible rendering of a new iteration, and the one from BroncoG6.com brings a tear to our eye. With stylings very similar to the old Bronco II, we can only hope that Ford keeps its heritage in mind when—if?—they decide to go forward with the Bronco build.
Get ready to waste your day away: you can now configure and order your 2017 Acura NSX on Acura’s vehicle site. With numerous wheel, color, and brake options and body packages, you’re bound to spend hours figuring the perfect way to blow $170,000.
Spy shots of an Audi R8 Sypder have appeared in Namibia. The drop-top was found cruising the streets of the coastal African nation thanks to the help of instagrammer Cars_in_Namibia. Don’t be surprised if you see this handsome devil debut at the Geneva Auto Show next week.
Want to convert your favorite analog Victorinox Swiss Army watch into a smartwatch? Unfortunately, at the moment you can only do this if you own a watch from the brand’s I.N.O.X. line. Computer company Acer makes handy accessory that wraps around your existing I.N.O.X. model to track your steps, speed, and other handy fitness-oriented metrics.
A lot of us at The Drive carry a notebook around to jot down any cool ideas that may pop into our mind grapes. (Note to self: Drop everything. Quit job. Buy a camper and hit the lonely road.) Unfortunately our quotidian stenograph notebooks usually turn into a torn, soggy mess within days. Luckily the chaps at TGX have designed a tactical notebook to withstand life’s most intense moments—like when you’re writing down your thoughts!
Today’s beer pick takes us all the way to Maui Brewing Company in Maui, Hawaii. A long hike for most but well worth the trip. Using locally sourced ingredients, Maui Brewing Company is bringing a little bit of the island to each pint.
As Spring fast approaches, it is time to figure out what to wear during the rainy months and Best Made Co’s Faded Field Shirt is high on our list. Made of 100% high-density Japanese cotton, this shirt will stand up to any task the avid outdoorsman throws at it—even if that job is just hanging out at the bar looking to score.
- RELATEDThe Evening Rush for Feb. 24, 2016Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 1650 Horsepower Sleeper in Jay Leno’s GarageWith a twin turbo Mercury Marine 9-liter under the hood, even Leno’s afraid to floor this ‘70s Dodge Charger.READ NOW
- RELATEDRanking 2016 Oscar Nominees’ Car CommericalsA handful of Academy hopefuls have shilled for cars. Whose spot reigns supreme?READ NOW
- RELATEDCrash Diary: 2004 Lamborghini MurcielagoCan friendship survive busting another man’s supercar?READ NOW
- RELATEDTop Gear’s Jeremy Clarkson Apologizes for Punching Producer in the FaceNothing says “sorry” like $140,000.READ NOW