The Evening Rush for Feb. 22, 2016
Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Callaway Cars has released a tuned version of the Chevy Camaro SS. Dubbed the SC610, it’ll be equipped with a supercharger, making 610 horsepower and 610 pound-feet of torque. Although this is no match for Hennessey Performance’s new HPE1000 Challenger, we’d gladly take one of these Camaros out for a spin around Willow Springs.
Spy shots of the 2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class have surfaced. There are only minor changes to the exterior, but appears to be significant differences in the instrument cluster. The exact specifications are still unknown, but we look forward to learning more in the coming months.
Jeep has designed a new trim to go with the Batman vs. Superman movie premiere. The trim, called Dawn of Justice, is essentially a blacked out version of Jeep’s Latitude 4x4 trim. Because fanboys.
Rather than running the risk of becoming stranded in an area without cell service or wifi, stay in contact with Beartooth. It’s a new communication system that utilizes your smartphone to enable push-to-talk, GPS tracking and texting in areas where you would be otherwise unable to do so.
In determining health, body weight is only one part of the equation. Rather than arranging your life around one number, invest in a Withings scale and learn you BMI, resting heart rate and much more.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Stony Creek Brewery in Branford, Connecticut. With amazing brews like Big Cranky, a double IPA, and a waterfront taproom, you’re bound to have an awesome afternoon.
A solid sweater should be able to comfortably transition you through three seasons. Fortunately, Kelly Slater’s clothing line OuterKnown has designed the perfect jumper to keep you warm and stylish for nine months of the year. Made of 85% and 15% Alpaca, the Jetlag Crew is the right thing to toss on after a long day in the water or just lounging around a campfire.
- RELATEDThe Evening Rush for Feb. 19, 2016Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Future of Autonomous Racing Could Be BeautifulTron designer shapes 20 driverless race cars that will compete at street circuits around the world as a support series for Formula E.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Michelin Man Has a Terrifying PastBefore he was an obese merrymaker, the Man was a menace.READ NOW
- RELATEDIs the Daytona 500 Rigged?Chase Elliott’s pole run drags up some disturbing questions.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Superhuman Riders Race Bikes You Can BuyWorld Superbike 2016 starts this weekend.READ NOW