The Evening Rush for Feb. 17, 2016
Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Spy shots of the new Porsche 911 R have been leaked. Sleek is the name of the game for this minimalist Porsche, which is a simplistic model that places an emphasis on that vitally important connection between driver and car. Unfortunately, all 600 911 Rs have been sold, so it’s time for us to start thinking about secondhand ones.
Audi lovers, rejoice! Reports indicate that Ingolstadt may bring a devilish 400-hp RS3 sedan to the good ol’ US of A. The 2018 RS3 would hit shores in 2017, starting at around $55k.
Good news for Mustang GT350 enthusiasts: The Track package will become standard on the 2017 Mustang GT350. What does this mean? GT350 owners can enjoy the luxuries of the new Convenience package (basically today’s Tech package) in a Mustang that’s totally track ready.
Steak knives are high on our list of household essentials. Since their job is so important—cutting savory rib eyes, tender filets, juicy porterhouses and the like into bite-sized pieces—don’t skimp. Invest in a set of great steak knives, such as these from Laguiole. Made in France, these stylish cutting instruments are a beautiful complement to this carnivorous journey we call life.
Get ready to get distracted. Apple watches now have a new app called A Tiny Game of Pong. Now you and your friends can enjoy the simplest and maybe the greatest video game ever.
Today’s beer pick takes us out to Truckee, California, and the great FiftyFifty Brewing Company. This microbrewery and pub has really come into its own with a series of bourbon barrel imperial stouts called Eclipse. FiftyFifty has a many more heady beers on offer; see for yourself to learn more.
If you select the right pair of sweatpants, you can dance on that fine line between fashion and laziness. Fortunately, rag & bone knows that line very well and has come out with several sharp-looking sweatpants to make your weekend a lot more comfortable.
- RELATEDThe Evening Rush for Feb. 16, 2016Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.READ NOW
- RELATEDIs the Drone Racing League For Real?We go behind-the-scenes at the DRL’s inaugural race in Miami.READ NOW
- RELATEDInterior Designers Critique Car Interiors: Joe Lucas on the McLaren 570SMcLaren’s “entry-level” sportscar is like a dark cave wrapped in a bright green missile.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe California “Junkyard Dog” That Beat the ExoticsThe O.G. Old Yeller parks at the Petersen.READ NOW
- RELATEDYahoo Autos Is Being Shut DownA highly-respected member of Internet automotive media bows out.READ NOW