The Evening Rush for Feb. 11, 2016
Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Reports have surfaced that Bentley will use Porsche’s EV sedan platform for an electric vehicle of its own. Bentley already plans to introduce a hybrid system in the new Bentayga; this future EV sedan might very well be a Tesla Model S fighter.
Finally! The new Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro has debuted at the Chicago Auto Show. With knobby tires, wicked suspension, a manual gearbox and standard tow package goodies, we have a feeling this truck will be a serious hoss.
Infiniti has launched a Red Sport trim for the Q50. Dubbed Red Sport 400, this uprated sedan will—you guessed it—dish out 400 horsepower and 350 pound-feet of torque. Expect sales to begin this spring.
Bring your favorite record store’s sprawling isles into your living room. Crafted by Kai Takeshima, these chic walnut and brass record shelves bring a clean, simplistic look to your vinyl collection.
Nothing beats a great spy flick. Lucky for you, Amazon is having a deal on a Blu-Ray James Bond Collection for just under $80.
If you’re in Boston, check out Polartec’s big air competition in Fenway Park. Converting the field into one gnarly mega ramp, the nation’s finest skiers and snowboarders will come together to throw down some huge tricks.
Today’s brewery pick takes us to Wisconsin, and the New Glarus Brewing Company. This brewery is all about keeping things small and using 100% organic ingredients. Serious crowd-pleasers include the Moon Man, an American pale ale and Spotted Cow, a farmhouse ale.
- RELATEDThe Evening Rush for Feb. 10, 2016Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.READ NOW
- RELATEDRussia’s Monster Truck Mini-Tanks Are PerfectThe surprisingly buoyant diesel toy truck of your dreams.READ NOW
- RELATEDCrushing Waves Onboard Mercedes-Benz AMG’s 2200-Horsepower Cigarette BoatWhen your AMG GT3 is ocean-going, “a bit floaty” is a good thing.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Build, Part V: Machine Shop MagicBehind-the-scenes at Magnum Automotive, where the Chevy V-8 for our Toyota FJ project is coming together nicely.READ NOW
- RELATEDGM Recalls 473,000 Pickup Trucks and SUVsLate-model heavy duty rigs waylaid by a faulty brake pedal.READ NOW