Audi Announces New Crossover In Meme Form
Gold star, Audi. Good Internet.
Audi’s teeniest crossover ever, which might be called the Q2 but will probably be called the Q1, should debut at the Geneva Motor Show. We already had a pretty good feeling that was the case—but Audi just gave us a big, reassuring hint in meme form. Check out the GIF below. The camera pans across the tail end of a Q7. Then a Q5. Then a Q3, and over to an empty parking space marked with a plate that reads “RESERVED.” And then, the piece de memesistance.
We know Audi’s been working on the new Q2—which will share Volkswagen’s MQB platform with the TT, A3 and Golf, among others—for quite some time. Here, Audi is hoping to put the Mini Countryman and Paceman in their place.
Now, we have to deduct a point for Audi’s choice to use its corporate typeface in lieu of the standard “SOON” font, Impact. But, other than that, we’re thoroughly impressed by the automaker’s decision to deliver this update in meme form. Why didn’t Ford think to jump on this?
- RELATED2016 Audi TT Roadster: 'Sexy Baby' No MoreNo longer just a stylish accessory, Audi's new mighty mite is out for blood. And the looks still kill.READ NOW
- RELATEDAudi Boss: Electrics—Not Diesels—Are the FutureFighting words from deep inside Dieselgate.READ NOW
- RELATEDAudi H-tron Quattro Is Detroit’s Most Forward-thinking CarFuel-cell SUV makes an unlikely dream machine.READ NOW
- RELATEDAudi Is Deep in Dieselgate’s UndertowLuxury division has caught its parent’s contagion.READ NOW
- RELATEDAudi Q2 Set to Debut at GenevaOh, look. More dinky luxury crossovers. Audi will sell a million of them.READ NOW