The Evening Rush for Feb. 09, 2016
Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
The highly-anticipated Volvo V90 wagon will debut next week at the Chicago Auto Show. With a long history of cool estates, we’re excited to see what the Swedes have in store.
Tesla is killing off the 85kWh battery pack option for its Model S. This will simplify the brand’s sedan lineup to four variations, as well as pushing buyers upmarket toward the more expensive 90D
Drivers are having trouble using Fiat-Chrysler’s spring-loaded electronic automatic transmission gear shifters. The shifters are used on late model Jeep Grand Cherokees, Dodge Chargers, and some Chrysler 300s. NHTSA will be investigating to determine if a recall is warranted. At this point in time, 306 incidents have been reported, resulting in 28 serious injuries.
Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean grilling season has to be over. Because beer brats and ribs are tasty year round, check out the PK Grill & Smoker. With a simplistic design, this coal grill can double as a smoker to help quench all your carnivorous desires.
If you’re looking for a briefcase that can double as a backpack, TOPO Designs has the bag for you. Made of extremely durable 1000D CORDURA, this bag is the perfect solution for carrying your computer and a change of clothes.
Today’s brewery pick takes us to Paso Robles, California, and Firestone Walker Brewing Company. The place makes tons of fine beers, but if you find yourself in the area, we highly recommend you stop by the taproom and try out Firestone’s double barrel ale.
Every man should have a solid assortment of ties in his closet, even if don’t wear one every day. Instead wearing some plain tie, check out American-made Collared Greens’ preppy patterned look.
- RELATEDThe Evening Rush for Feb. 08, 2016Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.READ NOW
- RELATEDDisney, Drunks, and a Volkswagen MicrobusOr, how this van and trailer set is going to pull six-figure dollars.READ NOW
- RELATEDJay Leno Champions the Rezvani Beast SupercarIn which the comic heralds boutique manufacturers as the future of cars.READ NOW
- RELATEDMeet the Log Car, a 75-hp Turbine Cedar Tree MazdaNow in the Guinness World Records as the fastest motorized log.READ NOW
- RELATEDHappy Birthday, SR-71 Blackbird, You Spectacular Speedy SirenThe Blackbird, our favorite Cold War spy plane, is velocity incarnate.READ NOW