The Evening Rush for Feb. 02, 2016
Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Honda has issued a stop sale on all 2016 Civics with the 2-liter engine due to a problem that might cause engine failure. According to the CivicX forum, vehicles in question may have missing or miss-set piston pin snap rings. Honda also plans to recall all models that have already been sold.
The Cadillac ELR is dead. With the sticker price over $76,000, the luxury electric car, which shared its bones with the downmarket Chevy Volt, failed to catch the interest of the affluent EV lover. Production will continue until 2018.
Ford is finally ready to receive orders for the new Ford GT supercar. But don’t think getting one will be easy. Ford has established an owner selection process, taking into account your previous Ford ownership record and, yes, social media presence.
The days of haggling with a used car salesman may be dwindling thanks Beepi. The new app is unique in that it’s the only app that allows you to complete the entire buying or selling process via your iPhone. Bathroom breaks just got a lot more expensive.
Getting your car stuck in the snow sucks, especially when you’re at the mercy of the tow truck. Reclaim your independence and purchase a set of TracGrabbers. These simple tire straps will make sure you never get stuck again.
Packing for trips is a hassle. Eliminate the frustration with Wool & Oak’s leather, multi-compartment suitcase. Combining fashion and function, this suitcase can easily house your suit, shoes and gear all at once.
- RELATEDThe Evening Rush for Jan. 29, 2016Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.READ NOW
- RELATEDThese Police Chases Put O.J. Simpson’s to ShameWe’ll take a flaming lumber truck or a tank over a sluggish Bronco any day of the week.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Visual History of Army Off-RoadersWhen is a jeep not a Jeep? When it’s a Land Rover. Or a Humvee.READ NOW
- RELATEDWith My Father In the Passenger SeatWe’ve always been comfortable with a windshield in front of us.READ NOW
- RELATEDEverything You Need to Know From Scottsdale Auction WeekWe camped out in Arizona with Barrett-Jackson, RM, Gooding and Bonhams. Here’s what we found.READ NOW