The Evening Rush for Feb. 1, 2016
Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Porsche has no intention of joining the autonomous driving trend. According to Reuters, Porsche CEO Dr. Oliver Blume feels that "One wants to drive a Porsche by oneself.” We agree. Long live the driver!
Spy shots of the 2017 BMW 1-Series have surfaced. Slated to debut late this year or early next, the 1-Series will compete with the Audi A3 and Mercedes-Benz CLA. The base price will likely be around $30k. BMW is also toying with the idea of an M Performance package later down the line.
Word on the street is that Bentley is planning a new Le Mans prototype racer for the LMP2 class. The vehicle will most likely use Bentley’s 4-liter twin-turbo V-8, but the British automaker will outsource the chassis design and manufacturing.
Are you an avid fly-fisher? Stop spending money on flies and tie your own on one of these incredible handmade tables from Mountain Creek Anglers. Each is designed to your exact specification and made from English chestnut. Solid.
Watching your cellphone die midday is damn inconvenient. So is carrying around a brick-like battery pack. Fortunately, the guys at PlusUs have created a backup pack that is the same thickness and dimensions as three credit cards.
Today’s brewery of choice is Cigar City Brewing. Based in Tampa, Florida, this southern brewery is no stranger to the citrus IPA. If you find yourself in the area, make your way to their tap room to take your taste buds on a hoppy journey of awesomeness.
Looking for a jacket to keep you warm and safe while on the road? Consider the 5.11 Responder Parka. This puppy is waterproof, reflective and loaded with pockets for all your gear.
- RELATEDDrive Wire: Ravean's Nifty Heated JacketREAD NOW
- RELATEDThe Evening Rush for Dec. 04, 2015Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Evening Rush for Dec. 15, 2015Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.READ NOW
- RELATEDMatch Set: The Jacket and the Car from DRIVEYou don’t need a satin varsity coat and a ‘66 GTO, but you probably want ‘em.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Evening Rush for Jan. 27, 2016Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.READ NOW