The Evening Rush for Jan. 27, 2016
Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Fiat-Chrysler has directed its attention to the Jeep and Ram sub-brands. The plan? Kill the Dodge Dart and Chrysler 200. As gas prices continue to plummet, CEO Marchionne says he intends to cater the American market’s renewed appetite for SUVs and trucks and less towards the economy car.
The 2016 GMC Sierra will now have an off-road version called the All Terrain X. The new trim gets Z71 suspension, an Eaton locking rear differential, knobby tires and a 10 horsepower bump, up to 365 ponies. We’d love to see a flat-out Raptor competitor, and the X ain’t that. But we’re not complaining more desert-ready trucks.
Ford will drop out of the Japanese market following a prolonged sales slump. Last year, the Blue Oval moved just 5,000 vehicles across its 52 dealerships in Japan, and execs in Dearborn feel there is no realistic route for profitability in the region.
Social media fanatics rejoice: You can now livestream your GoPro shenanigans straight to Periscope. The new technology allows users to broadcast POV videos without having to worry about fumbling with an iPhone throughout the whole ordeal.
There’s nothing better than a little procrastination during the workday. If you’re a fan of tabletop tennis, consider $60 and getting Corknet Ping Pong Set from the MoMA Store.
If you’re in New Jersey this weekend, stop by Magnify Brewing Company in Fairfield to enjoy some tasty suds. With four dank brews ranging from a saison to a black wheat constantly on tap (plus a ton of limited editions) this young brewery is putting the Jersey beer scene on the map.
This January, a down jacket is a must. Meet Feathered Friends, a company that takes pride in using 100% responsibly sourced down. You’re welcome.
- RELATED10 Vintage Pickups Under $12,000Keep on truckin’…READ NOW
- RELATEDDuramax Chevy Pickup Has Three Turbos, All of the CrazyThis ‘69 hot rod diesel C10 is street-legal. Also: faster than a McLaren P1.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Evening Rush for Jan. 26, 2016Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.READ NOW
- RELATEDBringing Kanye and Wiz Khalifa’s Twitter Feud to the GarageStop slut-shaming Amber Rose; start shit-talking each other’s cars.READ NOW
- RELATEDCadillac Reaffirms Twin-Turbo V-8 Coming to the CT6… EventuallyMore powerful than a twin-turbo V-6. Still a lover, not a fighter.READ NOW